Using a different Currency in Facebook store to Shopify

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi all.  I have sucessfully implemented multi currency payments in my Shopify store, using a custom template and some custom code.  I am very happy with how that works.

I can also synchronise my store with my Facebook Shop, however I have an issue.  My store uses AUD, however I need my FB Shop to be in USD, as that is my main market.  The prices look heaps better (and more palatable) to default USD due to the exchange rate.

My FB Shop page has USD for its "Selected Currency", however the prices displayed are not converted and shown in AUD.  :-(

Is there something I can do about this, or will I need to do a manual export/reformat/import for my FB Shop?

Cheers,

Hymee 

rotaryraceparts.com.au

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
145 2 9

Hi there!

You may potentially use multi currency payments plus geo redirect tool, for example, Geo Redirect in your Shopify store, and synchronise with your Facebook shop.

With multiple payment, when the currency is changed, it will add a parameter to the URL,  exampleshop.com?cur=AUD, or exampleshop.com?cur=USD. Use Geo Redirect, it can detect your visitors' geolocations by IP and auto direct them to correct URLs based on their locations.  If a visitor is in the US, and he goes to exampleshop.com?cur=AUD,  it will auto direct him to  exampleshop.com?cur=USD seamlessly. Have such synchronise in your Facebook shop, whether your customer is in Australia or in the US, it can be directed to correct URLs based on their locations. You can easily set up redirecting rules with a few steps. No code is necessary. The service will generate the Javascript code for you to add to your website.

Hope it helps.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi  MichealGeo,

0 Likes