Using a iPad Pro to build a store

Bmin
Visitor
3 0 0

I just purchased a iPad Pro 2020 with magic keyboard and was wondering if anyone out there has used it to build a Shopify store from scratch? I’m not a web developer so I’ll probably just use the Shopify themes. And I’m assuming it’s best to use desktop view in safari instead of the Shopify app. I prefer iPad iOS and the features of iPad over a MacBook. I suspect most would say MacBook is better than an iPad for building a shopify store.  But I can’t afford to own both. 

If you have built a shopify store from an iPad Pro...was there any limitations? Or was it a similar experience as using a laptop.

Replies 2 (2)

alexmarse
Shopify Partner
19 4 9

I don't have any personal experience building a Shopify site using an iPad, but I can say that Shopify did a fantastic job making their site builder / theme editor very responsive to different device sizes. I just tried it on my tiny old iPhone, and it worked great. You should go for it!

Alex Marse | Shopify Enthusiast
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!

Alex Marse | Shopify Enthusiasts
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!

Hope_Schoenbach
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

You can do a lot using an iPad pro but I have found most apps (if you use them) do not work due to a cookies/browser issue (at least that is the error) I’ve tried using Safari, Chrome & FireFox as well as allowing cookies, allowing pop ups etc. 

I would love to hear if someone else figured this out but it’s the one thing I have to do on my Mac. Fortunately I only use a couple (reviews being one) so it’s not that big of a deal.