Using customer's shipping accounts

Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 3

Hello! My shopify store isn't a typical retail store, it's really a place for our customers to order the supplies they need to take samples. We work with a lot of consultants and hospitals who want to use their own shipping account numbers upon check out. Currently we have them enter the information in the notes section and select the shipping method they need. While this has worked fine for now, there is a price that shows up by shipping method that would not be accurate because it includes a small mark up and our negotiated rates with FedEx/UPS. 

Does anyone know if there is a way to select 'Use customer's Shipping Accout' and require them to select a method without showing the cost? Thank you in advance! 

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

This is an interesting requirement and our team at Multi Carrier Shipping label app can work out something custom for this. You can approach our support for more info.

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
33 0 7

Hello @Claire_Blevins,

It has been a while since you posted this, but I wanted to know if you where able to figure out a solution to use a customer's shipping account.

Our website: https://karanandassociates.com/ is a B2B website and many of our customers have better freight rates, so we want to allow them to use their own account.

We added some custom fields to the cart to collect the customer accounts and the customer can then select a "free" shipping option (see screen shot). 

In theory this works great, but the cart fields and the checkout options are not linked. Ie. customers can select the free option without providing their shipping account, or they provide the shipping account and then select a "paid" shipping options in the checkout.

I looked into making changes in the checkout versus the cart page, but that only seems possible with a Shopify Plus subscription, which is very pricy.

So, I'm very curious if you figured out a solution.

Here's a screenshot of how the additional fields in the cart show up: 

extra fields to collect shipping accountextra fields to collect shipping account

And this is the "free" use your own shipping account option in the checkout. Ideally this would be the place where we'd like to ask for the shipping account:

cart2.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
33 0 7

@Anindo: Did you build a feature like this? We use your Multi Carrier Shipping label app. 

0 Likes