Using my custom domain for the checkout page when using Buy Button

Highlighted
2 0 2

Hello!

I am just about to migrate out of Shopify themes, amazing as they are, and create my own website using a different service. I created a Basic Buy Button, embedded that into the website. The behavior is that the button Adds To Cart, the cart is the overlay on the right which has a Checkout button. Everything works flawlessly till here. But upon clicking Check Out, it redirects the user to a abc.myshopify.com/... checkout URL and not to my own custom domain. Since I am migrating to a new design, I am nervous as this might affect the website's credibility a little. Is there a way to mask the domain or have checkout redirected to customdomain.com/.... I am not entirely comfortable with programming but I can tinker. I'd be really grateful if anyone could help out.

Additionally, a side question if anyone knows- will the Add To Cart action of a Buy Button trigger Facebook's Pixel Event normally like it does within Shopify themes?

Thanks guys!

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 3

I am currently going through the same thing and wanting to have the checkout as my custom domain, I am assuming though that it defaults to the abc.shopify.com domain as that is where the checkout system is hosted whilst your actual website is hosted externally to shopify. I would also like to be able to add a 'continue shopping' link to the Buy Button but that doesn't seem to be something that I can do either with the Buy Button. 

Hopefully there will be a response to your question soon. 

2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

Hi Debbie,

I believe since it is a Buy Button for a specific product, the Checkout button takes you to the Checkout Link of that product which is hosted on abc.myshopify.com domain and not the actual fully fledged checkout as you would on your Shopify hosted shop. Hoping there's an update to the Buy Button soon, if there's no easy solution to this. Fingers crossed.

0 Likes