Using shopify as my storefront from an already hosted domain

MCRetroClub
1 0 0

Hey there,

I searched for "my website" in the search bar, and apologize if I overlooked a relevant search result.

I've recently purchased my own domain and hosting service, but quickly learned that making my own "store" is way out of my league, and that I needed to use an e-commerce platform to spare myself the headache. Ideally, I would want to sign up for Shopify lite (since I have my website already), and have my pre-existing button hotlink to my Shopify page. (See hopefully attached picture).

1.jpg

Would I be able to use this service if I wanted the hotlink to be something like "www.mypersonalwebsite.com/mediastore"? 

Thanks for your patience and time!

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2203 216 462

@MCRetroClub 

Shopify Lite could work for you if you have an existing website with another platform as it provides you with the ability to use the Buy Button channel which allows you to create embeddable products and collections that can be injected into your current website.

Shopify Lite does not provide a website, nor a landing page for users to shop from directly. However; if you use the Buy Button, then your customers would shop directly from your current website, and only leave your website when they start the checkout process. You can learn more about the Buy Button channel.

How you set up your website to showcase your products and URL will be up to your discretion. Seeing as your customers would remain on your website, then you could keep it simple and just use /store, then create a page that has your products/collections embedded on it. 

That said, if you did want a website with Shopify, then that would require subscribing to the "Basic" plan or higher. You'd need to create a subdomain such as shop.yourpersonalwebsite.com to point towards your Shopify store. Then create a link back to your primary website so your customers can flip between the two. 

Let me know if you have any questions, or need any clarification! 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes