Solved

Utilities Bill - Identity Verification

wearenatureente
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Shopify Team,

I am currently having issues with my Shopify store as it is asking me to submit a utilities bill under the name of the store; which I do not own. This store is created by a private owner myself and is planned to sell products made by myself and others, through the exposure of my Instagram page.

I really hope this can be fixed soon as I am already paying for apps, a domain, and the Shopify monthly plan without being able to complete my store. I even uploaded a photo ID and everything else that is necessary, but still my shopify payment is on hold and I cannot make my store go online. I've been trying to look for a solution in the help canter but unfortunately without any luck.

I would appreciate a quick and helpful response a lot!

- Jan from Nature Enterprise

Accepted Solution (1)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, Jan!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

We recognize that not all merchants have a physical location for their business, so the utility bill will just need to be under your name, rather than your business name. If you have any concerns around this particular document, you can always add a note in the Comments section when you upload the document.

Rest assured, you can continue using Shopify Payments during this review process. While payments can still be accepted, payouts are typically on hold until your documents are reviewed; the sooner you can submit them, the better!

You should also have received an email from us about your Shopify Payments account. If you have any questions about the documents you should be uploading, then I suggest responding to that email directly. Your response will go straight into the inbox of the Shopify Payments team, who is best equipped to answer any questions about the process. 

I hope this clears things up!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, Jan!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

We recognize that not all merchants have a physical location for their business, so the utility bill will just need to be under your name, rather than your business name. If you have any concerns around this particular document, you can always add a note in the Comments section when you upload the document.

Rest assured, you can continue using Shopify Payments during this review process. While payments can still be accepted, payouts are typically on hold until your documents are reviewed; the sooner you can submit them, the better!

You should also have received an email from us about your Shopify Payments account. If you have any questions about the documents you should be uploading, then I suggest responding to that email directly. Your response will go straight into the inbox of the Shopify Payments team, who is best equipped to answer any questions about the process. 

I hope this clears things up!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

wearenatureente
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Julie,

Thank you very much for the kind response. 

I will upload a utility bill and hopefully resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Thank you and have a great rest of your day.

Best,

Jan

Pretty_p
Visitor
1 0 0

I submitted mine it was rejected it has my name on it.

I also submitted my bank statement which has my African home address it was rejected