VAT number in invoice

6 0 0

Hi

Some customers would like VAT number to be contained in their Invoice

The problem is, as I know it is only possible for customers  to add VAT number when they register

but I don't support and has no plan to support Login function for simple payment processing

Is there someway for customers to fill out their own VAT number in cart page, save somewhere and

contain the info in invoice? or alternative way.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
186 31 24

Hello, @GP__2014.

Elias here with Shopify Support. That’s a great question!

You can set up individual taxes for countries outside of US and Canada, this is based on the countries in your shipping zones. You can change the wording of the tax to VAT for your invoices. However, this does not help capture customer’s VAT numbers. 

Alternatively, I recommend taking a look at a third-party app, called Sufio: Professional Invoices. Sufio can automatically capture customer’s VAT and create invoices for them. If you require assistance with Sufio, you can also reach out to the developers directly through the contact information found in the Support section of the app’s page. 

Is this what you were looking for? If you have any further questions regarding this topic, feel free to reply to this thread and I’d be happy to help.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
57 1 33

Hi @Elias,

Thanks for mentioning Sufio in your reply!

I just wanted to add that we have a series of articles on our website explaining how to set up the VAT capture and validation which @GP__2014  might find useful.

You can always write to us at support@sufio.com if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Liam

Support Manager

Sufio

1 Like
2 0 0
Hi,
I have the same problem, in that I need to add the clients VAT number to their invoice for EU cross-border transactions.
Surely Shopify can simply add a field to allow this!!!

Instead of pushing SME's to buy another App...
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
186 31 24

Hey, @MixedWorlds.

Thank you for sharing this feedback and I’m happy to send this over as a feature request to our developers. I can appreciate that you prefer not to use an app and Shopify should have something like this. You can also do this by making a couple of theme adjustments and creating a template for invoices.

You can do this by using the cart page to collect more information from your customers, which will allow you to capture the VAT number. After that, you can use our free app, Order Printer, to show the cart attributes that was captured on the invoices. If you need to show VAT prices before customers add any items to their cart, you can also modify your theme to show VAT prices on your product pages. Please note that these are an advanced coding guides that is not supported by our Theme Support team. If you have limited knowledge of HTML, CSS, Javascript, and Liquid, feel free to hire a designer or developer from Shopify Experts.

If you have any more questions on this topic, feel free to reply to this thread and I’ll be happy to help.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes