VAT number in invoice

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
528 52 65

Hey, @Jakob2.

Thank you for following up and I appreciate you for sharing the extra details. We definitely value your feedback and I'll be adding this information to the feature request. As previously mentioned, I'm afraid there isn't a timeframe I can share on when features get implemented. However, I do hope to see a solution to this as well. Thank you!

Hey, @acasademont.

I'd also like to thank you for joining this thread and voicing your concern. I understand VAT ID validation is important for your business and having to issue refunds is a cumbersome solution. I'd be happy to add your store to the feature request as well, as this will help Shopify in prioritizing the features for development. Once again, thank you! 

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi @Elias,

Please let me know if this feature gets implemented.

It would make life so much easier to have a 'VAT verification' process as a checkout option for VAT registered customers.

Very much looking forward to your response.

Kind Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
528 52 65

Hey, @GreenHuiz.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing this feedback. I can understand how a VAT verification process at checkout for VAT registered customers would make things easier for you and many of our merchants. That said, I'd be happy to include your feedback with this feature request. Since there isn't an ETA that I can provide for feature requests, it'll be difficult for me to follow-up directly on this thread. However, if Shopify moves forward with this feature, you'll be able to find it in our changelog or announcements page.

If you have any other questions or feedback on this topic, please don’t hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 4
Thanks for your mail.

To be very honest, I really don't understand why at least a 'box' can't be
added to the client details so the VAT number can be added correctly.

This is a minimum requirement for B2B transactions in Europe.

Thnx

Sylvester Henry
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi Elias,

I hope this email finds you well.

In the south of Europe, it is mandatory that the invoices have VAT information. Right now, after the sale, the customer needs to send an email with the VAT number... as you can imagine, this is very un-efficient. 

Please push this update forward.

Kind regards,

Miguel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi again @Elias 

I have seen this field on the checkout settings:

Miguel_FFB_0-1597353472041.png

But it still does not appear on my check out. Does it only work for certain countries? (if you click "Learn more" it will talk about Brazil...)

Thank you,

Miguel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 4
This issue is becoming a real pain in the butt. and Shopify seem not want to
implement such a minor change.!!!

It is mandatory for us in Europe to state the clients VAT number for B2B
transactions..

@ Shopify. why is this so difficult to implement.!!!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
655 35 105

Hi, @Miguel_FFB.

Tira here, from Shopify. 

Thank you for posting this screenshot. This option was added recently and the full update can be seen in our changelog, here: Country Fields in Checkout (Brazil). It is currently available only for merchants located in Brazil. Enabling this option will allow the merchant to collect CPF/CNPJ numbers at checkout. You can check out our help doc or click on the "Learn more" button on the Checkout page in the Shopify admin to view the steps to enable this: Set up order processing and archiving/Enable country-specific information fields

I understand that it's important for you to be able to add additional fields at checkout for your business. I would be happy to add your name to our feedback list. Is there a specific country you would like to have this enabled in? Where are you located? 

Talk soon,

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi @Tira 

I am located in Portugal and Spain, in the south of Europe. 

A field like you have for Brazil would work, where the customer would introduce the VAT number. This way the invoice would be done without an intermediate step.

If you have this option for Brazil, the development cost to implement something very similar to Europe (for example a box with: VAT Number (optional)) is relatively cheap. 

We would be acting according to the law, mainly when selling to B2B. 

Hope you can help us,

Kind regards,

Miguel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
655 35 105

Thank you for getting back to me, @Miguel_FFB. I appreciate you letting me know what it is you need and where you're located. 

I've gone ahead and added your feedback to our list. If we move forward with this, we will update you and all of our merchants as mentioned here in Elias's post earlier. 

Please reply to this post if you have any feedback to add or have any questions. We're here to help.

Cheers,

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify

0 Likes