and have had to download, Simplio: Simple Invoice

Thnx

Sylvester henry

Mixed Worlds
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1079 171 199

I can't specifically paste any invoice template here since they are meant to be bought, what I can share is this resource:

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/apps/apps-by-shopify/order-printer/customizing-order-templates#ex...

And should you want to buy a template that you can customize you can use this: https://apps.shopify.com/order-printer-templates?surface_detail=printer&surface_inter_position=1&sur...

You will then be able to follow what I have pasted above and paste it anywhere in the code where you want it to show.

- Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
- Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com
K&J
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 5

What is this nonsense talk about templates and order printer. This things are seperate issues.

Capturing the VAT number of a customer during checkout by having Shopify add an extra field to it is the only proper solution for this.

It is beyond comprehension why this is not there.

I just use the notes field as my way of letting customers type in their VAT number, but as I stated, most costumers just overlook this as they expect to see this on the checkout page, not the cart page.

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1079 171 199

Seems I got confused between the issues mentioned above here, thought you wanted to show your VAT number on the invoice. 

There could be a workaround in that sense. You could repurpose the Address Line 2 to serve this need perhaps by changing its label & placeholder to say "VAT Number". What do you think?

The issue here lies more in the fact that Shopify is more of a B2C system, Shopify Plus is made to handle B2B and B2C alike with more advanced features on that. 

- Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
- Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com
K&J
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
694 63 88

Hey, @Miguel_FFB and @MixedWorlds.

Thanks for following up and sharing this feedback. I understand this is an important feature for everyone in this thread; however, I'm afraid there isn't an ETA that we can provide for feature requests or platform changes.

For the time being VAT-compliant invoicing can be accomplished with Order Printer (free) or Sufio: Professional Invoices, as mentioned earlier in the thread. Order Printer is a solution for many of our merchants in the EU, as indicated by @JHKC, and our Theme Support can help with adding a VAT field to the template. Sufio has built-in features that can help validate VAT and they've provided a detailed guide with options for capturing VAT from customers

With that being said, if Shopify moves forward with this change - You'll be able to find it on our announcements page or changelog

Thank you!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
89 1 36

Hi all,

as Elias from Shopify has mentioned above, the Sufio app can help with this!

Sufio allows you to capture and validate EU VAT registration numbers from your business customers and, when applicable, automatically set them as tax-exempt.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us at support@sufio.com, we will be happy to help!

Good luck,

Lenka from Sufio Team 

Highlighted
Excursionist
10 0 4

Hello JHKC,

Actually, in B2C costumers this can be a good workaround. The only problem is autofill from browsers that will detected as address 2. However, its a good idea, since most costumers will double check it anyway and correct with the number. 

Shopify should really implement a field for VAT, at least for B2C business. This is really a most have feature for European countries.

Cheers,

FC1

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
10 0 4

Hello @Elias 

I´m sure Sufio and Order printer are amazing apps for invoicing, but neither of then solve the main issue - to have a field in the checkout to include VAT numbers. This is fundamental for both B2C and B2B business in Europe (I´m located in Portugal).

Sincerely,

FC

Highlighted
Excursionist
10 0 4

Hello @Tira 

I´m also located in Portugal and, like other stores here, we would like  feature like to to be implemented to include cosutmers VAT numbers.

Sincerely,

FC

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
752 39 126

Hi, @FC1,

Thanks for letting us know you would like to be added to our feedback list for showing VAT numbers on your invoice. I have gone ahead and added your name to our list. 

If we move forward with this feature, we will announce it in our changelog or announcements page

Thank you for your feedback. If you have any other feedback to add, we're open to adding it to our list.  

Cheers,

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes