Variant Question

Solved
okanagancandle
3 0 0

The product I am asking about is a 10 oz candle I sell where you can have a black, silver or gold lid (variant) however I have a collection of 6 candles so first come first serve re lid colour, how can I reflect that in my variant inventory?

0 Likes
Brie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
567 46 95

Hi, @okanagancandle!

You should be able to set variant specific inventory from the product page in your admin. You'll want to navigate to Products > click on the product > in the Variants section, click on Edit Variants > Edit quantities > choose the correct location that you fulfill from > edit the inventory for each variant. Let me know if that helps! 

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
okanagancandle
3 0 0

Yes I understand that......the issue is that I have six candles in a collection and lets say I have 5 black lids only, the variant component as far as I can see will only allow me to change the inventory under each candle individually.

0 Likes
Brie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
567 46 95

@okanagancandle -

Ah, I see! To clarify, are those 6 candles listed as different products, and then each one has the same lid colour options?

0 Likes
okanagancandle
3 0 0

Correct!!

0 Likes
Brie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
567 46 95

This is an accepted solution.

@okanagancandle -

Okay, I see. In that case, the easiest (and free) thing to do would be to divide the amount amongst the products (give a few to each). Alternatively, you could also try to use an inventory syncing app that can sync inventory between different products. Here are some you could take a look at:

Hope that helps!