Variant or Option To Reduce Price?

Highlighted
Excursionist
51 0 7

One of the items I sell comes with a 55 gallon barrel.  It's very expensive to ship this barrel, so some customers use their own barrel and don't need me to ship them one.  I want to create an option on this product that the customer can click/choose and have it reduce the total price by a certain amount, which would be the difference in shipping the product without the barrel. 

I have been trying for the last hour to figure this out and I can't.  Can anybody help me?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
51 0 7

Okay, so I was on chat with Shopify for over an hour and once again I am told I have to get some kind of app to put in a variant that will reduce, instead of raise the price of a product.  Seems like every single time I go to Shopify for help with something that seems pretty basic, they tell me I have to pay a 3rd party for an app.

I wish someone here in this forum would know how to do this and perhaps give me some help, but it doesn't look like that's happening either.  Very frustrated with Shopify.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
51 0 7

Well, not like I was going to get any help here anyways, but I figured out how to do this without an app.  I figured it out but my Shopify "GURU" couldn't.

0 Likes