Variant with Empty Form Field

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0
Is there a way to have a blank form field next to a variant so a customer can type what color they would like?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
5704 1 319

Sure, you can put a text field on your product page in which your website visitor can type a color name. However, you will need JavaScript to store that color in a cookie and send it along with your cart’s content at checkout.

If you need help with this, contact me.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
4188 29 410

Hi,

Alternatively, in cart.liquid, you can insert normal HTML input elements as per the Wiki section on cart.notes or cart.attributes. It’s not super elegant, but it will suffice to pass colors on with the order.

A robust solution such as Caroline suggests involves modifying both product.liquid and cart.liquid, javascript, cookies and all in all, makes for a much more professional store.

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there!

I'm looking to put a text field on my product page to accept user inputted data.  I'm not sure how to go about altering the JavaScript to store the cookie, etc and would like to see what type of help you might be able to offer me.  Thanks in advance!

Jesse

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Can you please guide me through this process? 

0 Likes