Variants and quantity available

Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm currently setting up a shop right now and I'm having issues with the quantity amounts across different variants. 

One of the products we sell for example is DIY art kits. These kits are mosaic fish and the variants are whether it comes with a ribbon or a magnet. 

My problem is that I need the inventory to remain the same outside of the variants. Instead, it's saying that I have 16 for each variant totaling 64. But I actually only have 16 and the variants are unlimited quantity. 

I could just say that I have X amount for each variant, but then I would constantly be updating inventory depending on what variant someone purchased. 

I hope this makes sense. I really want to launch our store but I cannot do it until I figure out this inventory issue. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, I'm having the same issue but with T-shirts that have various logo design choices across different sizes.  We don't pre-print them and then update the stock quantity.  We just want the size quanities to adjust whenever an order is made regardless of which logo design variant the customer has ordered.

I would have thought that Shopify would be able to accommodate this but I can't get through to telephone support; when I first enrolled telephone support was available and now they are not - it's very frustrating;  I might cancel my account if they don't resolve this. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hollymosaics, did you manage to resolve this? it's what I want to do as well - we have 100 mugs with three variants, but want each mug purchase to come off the total of 100 regardless of which option is chosen...

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

No it's super frustrating.

I'm still trying to resolve this with the 'support' bots.

It's seems the only option (without needing to purchase an add-on) is to ask the design team to create a customer comments box in the order process where they can specify which type of variant they want for my logos.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

we're actually conducting a communist experiment of sorts where you choose how much to pay based on your need/income. so 100 mugs are available, customers can choose to pay £6, £12 or £18 (for example) based on what they can afford. we don't want to specify 30, 40 and 30 mugs available at each price as we truly don't mind how many mugs sell at each price, just don't want them to show as sold out!

0 Likes