Variants not updated

johnC1
Tourist
7 0 3

Hello,

On my product pages, the price isn't updating when I select a different variant of the product.

This happend out of the blue today. 

Can anyone help?

www.plakatbar.no

Thanks, 

Eivind

0 Likes
Lana
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
72 11 6

Hello @johnC1!

This is Lana from Shopify, I see you're having some issues with your variants so I wanted to help you out.

Before we look into this I do just need to confirm, - are you referring to an issue on your product pages where if you select a different variant of that product, it does not change the price?

I had a look at the store that you linked, but on my end when I selected different variants, the price did update accordingly. I tested it with a few different products, so I wanted to check with you if this is happening with a specific product? If so, please do let me know and I will check it out again.

One of the reasons that you are having this issue could be related to your browser cache and cookies. Try looking into it again on the Google Chrome browser, clear your cache by following these steps and go back to see if the prices change when you select different variants.

If this does not fix it for you, then another possibility is that this is related to the theme that you are using - could you let me know what is the name your theme? 

A way for you to check that is to switch to a fresh copy of one of our free themes and see if the variant prices change there. To add a fresh copy of one of our free themes, you will need to go to the Online Store in your admin, and scroll down to where you see Explore free themes:

23-26-1529-26891

From there, just add any one that you want and test it out.

If it works on the fresh theme, this would indicate an issue with the code of your current theme - it could be coming from an app that you added, or if you have done some custom coding on that theme.

The next steps here will depend on whether your theme is a Shopify Supported theme, or if it came from a third party developer. A Shopify Supported theme is any of the free themes that can be seen in our theme store here.

If it is supported, then you you will need to get in touch with our live support here so that we can take a closer look at your account and investigate the issue. This is because we are currently unable to look into your account details from the Shopify Community.

If your theme is from a third party developer, you will need to get in touch with those developers so they can help you out and investigate it for you.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this!

Thanks. -Lana

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes