Variants of Giftcards making Server Error

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

First off apologies if this is in the wrong discussion forum.

So, I'm looking to set up different variants of giftcards via the rather simple Shopify instructions (https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/products/gift-card-products/add-update-gift-card-products)

My issue is that when I go to the add variant page and put in all the necessary information (title, pic, price), it throws a red box on the bottom saying "server error." Not sure if this is something that should otherwise work but is currently not or if there's something wrong with my shop or my execution.

Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
411 17 53

Hi, @NickHuey 

Elle here from Shopify. Happy to help you get this issue resolved! 

I'm unable to replicate the error you're receiving within my test store, so it sounds like the issue may be local.

Please ensure that you've cleared your browsers cache and are using a supported browser.

If the issue persists, please provide a video or screencast of what you're experiencing and I will reach out to you directly to help further!

Cheers,
Elle

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 1

Hey Elle,

Yep, I'm using a supported browser with a cleared cache and still having the issue.

Here's a screenshot of what happens when I try to hit save.

giftcardissue.png

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
411 17 53

Hi, @NickHuey 

Thanks so much for the screenshot! 

It looks like this is related to a known issue some shops have been experiencing when updating or creating new products. 

I'll reach out to you directly now so I can loop in our technical team for resolution. 

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes