Venture Theme: Get the drop-down menus in the demos?

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

Hey all

In the Venture demo, we have these lovely image mega nav drop downs - see here: https://themes.shopify.com/themes/venture/styles/outdoors/preview. Looking at the slugs for these drop-downs, it looks like the collections are nested. I can't find a way in Shopify to arrange that structure, or display those drop-downs.

However, I can nest navigation menus. See this example: https://imgur.com/a/BbQqA

In this example, Men's is a hash link, with the Tees collection menu-link as a child, however this doesn't render any products in the menu and doesn't replicate the same structure as the demo.

The Venture theme documentation also doesn't cover this. Can anyone tell me how to arrange this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

After a bit more play, I figured this out.

The top level navigation link must also link to a Collection, called Mens for Venture to pick up and display the products appropriately in the menu. That's because there's a check for a collection link type in the code - it can't be a hash link

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Huh, I am clueless... been working on trying to figure this out for two days now... if you are still on here, I'd love some more help.

@Mo_Kargas wrote:

The top level navigation link must also link to a Collection, called Mens for Venture to pick up and display the products appropriately in the menu. That's because there's a check for a collection link type in the code - it can't be a hash link

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi!

Can you elaborate on how you linked to a colletion?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

@Mo_Kargas wrote:

Hi! Can you elaborate on how you linked to a Collection, step by step?

Thank you in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

@DouglasCL 

You need to link your nested dropdown to a collection or product to display

i.e
Nested MenuNested MenuEdit nested menu linkEdit nested menu link

1 Like