Solved

Is the verification email for my Shopify domain a scam?

DaydreamDaisy
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi 

I received an email asking my to click a link to verify myself and domain saying if i didn't do it, my account could be suspended in 14 days?  approve. domain admin. com/ registrant/?verification i have entered some spaces in link so it doesn't get removed

is it a scam?

Accepted Solution (1)

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @DaydreamDaisy,

Hank here from Shopify. 

The only time that an email advising to verify a domain is as @JHKCreate mentioned if your domain was recently purchased.

Did you purchase your current domain or any additional domains recently using your email address? If so, ensure they are coming from the domain parent company, and you can proceed with verifying the connection.

If however, you have not made a recent purchase of a domain, I would treat this as spam/phishing and would report it as such within your email client and not click on any links or give any personal information.

Also, if you are concerned that there may be an issue with your domain there are two ways that you can confirm this. One can be by logging in to your Shopify admin, and both on the homepage, or in Online Store > Domains, will have an important message regarding your domain. Or by reaching out to either the Shopify live support team, or replying here and I can follow up with you.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

All the best,

Hank 

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 12 (12)

JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 916

Definitely a scam, ignore it. Did you buy your domain from Shopify?

Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com

Learn more about us: jhkcreate.com
DaydreamDaisy
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi 

Yes i did buy from shopify

JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 916

Then there's nothing else to do! All Good!

Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com

Learn more about us: jhkcreate.com
Zeeshansaif
Visitor
1 0 0

17113034504059085291795574217212.jpg

 what is the solution for this?

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @DaydreamDaisy,

Hank here from Shopify. 

The only time that an email advising to verify a domain is as @JHKCreate mentioned if your domain was recently purchased.

Did you purchase your current domain or any additional domains recently using your email address? If so, ensure they are coming from the domain parent company, and you can proceed with verifying the connection.

If however, you have not made a recent purchase of a domain, I would treat this as spam/phishing and would report it as such within your email client and not click on any links or give any personal information.

Also, if you are concerned that there may be an issue with your domain there are two ways that you can confirm this. One can be by logging in to your Shopify admin, and both on the homepage, or in Online Store > Domains, will have an important message regarding your domain. Or by reaching out to either the Shopify live support team, or replying here and I can follow up with you.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

All the best,

Hank 

reubengrove
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there,

I have a slightly different problem but don't know where else to post about it. 

I have not logged on to my Shopify merchant account for three months. I am being asked to use a ten-digit verification code sent to my email address to log in. 

The code is not coming through to my email account. 

What should I do? 

Any help much appreciated! 

Reuben Grove 

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Did you get this issue resolved, @reubengrove?

It is a security feature built into your Shopify store that if you have not logged into it in a certain timeframe (longer than three months), you will be asked to verify the code sent to your email address.

It is always sent to the main email address you use for your Shopify store and may get routed to your junk/spam folder. The title of this email should be "Your Shopify ID verification code" and will have an expiry time also.

Can you confirm if you have not received this, or can try once more now?

Let me know how you get on!

makennanoyes
Visitor
2 0 0

Hank,

I'm experiencing the exact same problem. The thing that's weird about it is that it came from a Shopify email, but when I check my Online Store Domain on my Shopify account I don't see any errors. I simply updated the contact info and address on my domain, but that was the only change that occurred. I only did this because I received an email from Shopify asking me to verify the information regarding my domain.  I've looked everywhere for an email or way to contact you guys and this is all that I've found. Please help 🙂 -Makenna

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Thank you for reaching out about this, @makennanoyes.

That email might be legitimate, although it does seem odd that there is no message appearing in your admin.

What I'd like to do is take a closer look at this for you so as this is account specific, I will just need to verify your account.

I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forum's account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will look into this further for you. Can you attach a screenshot (including the address that the email came from) to the email I send you also?

makennanoyes
Visitor
2 0 0

Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 10.15.05 AM.png

This is the email I received. -Makenna

search35
Visitor
2 0 0

I accidentally had my email verification sent to an info@yourdomainname.com address for my store, is there a way to resend the verification to my actual gmail or yahoo address so I can register my domain?

Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

Hi @search35 

If you purchased your domain through the Shopify admin you can update your registrar (contact) information from within the domain management page. Head to Settings > Domains > Click on the domain you wish to manage. You should see the option to update or edit your contact information for the domain. Once that is updated, the banner prompting you to verify your domain registrar information should also be updated to show the new email address. 

Don't hesitate to contact our live support for additional help if needed: Shopify Help Center

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify