Solved

Verify Shopify Domain Instagram Shopping

ClaireWareham
Visitor
2 0 2

Hello,

I had a Shopify shop with the domain MYSHOPNAME.myshopify.com. I successfully connected Facebook and attempted to connect Instagram.

My Instagram business account required me to verify the domain MYSHOPNAME.myshopify.com. But when I navigate to Online Store -> Domain then I can see my domain, but NO DNS setting or whatsoever

I then figured that I had to purchase a domain through Shopify and have changed this to my primary domain and this has been verified on Facebook business manager and is connected. Instagram is still telling me to verify the MYSHOPNAME.myshopify.com domain. Which is not possible as there are no DNS settings.

I have contacted Instagram 3 times and their response every time is to verify the MYSHOPNAME.myshopify.com.

I have tried:
- changing my Instagram page from personal back to business, disconnecting and reconnecting from Facebook.
- deleting the shop completely from Facebook and reconnecting.
- When I try and connect through shopify it says there is already an Instagram shop connected (even though It isn’t)

Please help. Instagram’s only solution is to verify the domain, however this isn’t an option on shopify.

Accepted Solution (1)
tikvahmindorff
Visitor
2 1 15

This is an accepted solution.

I don't know if this helps you, but I went into Facebook business manager and added my "mysite.myshopify.com" to the list of domains along with my normal domain. 

I then verified that domain using the meta-tag option instead of the default DNS TXT value option. You have to go into your shopify online store setting, click on drop-down "Actions" to "Edit Code" and then find under layout "Theme.liquid". On the screen to the right, find the first <head> tag. Then scroll down til you see the second <head> tag and paste the meta tag from Facebook on a line just above it.

Then go back to Facebook business manager and hit "verify" under the meta-tag option. Voila! Mine worked right away.

p.s. I'm super excited to have figured this out because I have been trying to do this for three weeks!

View solution in original post

Replies 31 (31)

Edroppit
Tourist
4 0 3

I have the same problem, how did you manage to solve it?

wtpbmx
Visitor
2 0 0

I have exactly the same problem. i even deleted the myshopify domain in the facebook manager. Please help! 

Did anyone find a solution?

Klaus

Rachelalamb
Visitor
2 0 4

I’m having the exact same problem! Added the DNS record on IONOS, and the Facebook aspect is working, but when I go to Facebook Business Manager it says it’s still pending verification, and Instagram just says I need to verify it. I don’t understand why if the catalogue is connected to Facebook, Instagram doesn’t work?! It’s driving me nuts! Please help!

aghm
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm having the same problem. If anyones fixed this please help!

40yearsofhiphop
5 0 0

facebook keeps telling me to verify domain but its visible in facebook the ig account. no one can pick up a phone to help, keep sending emails , my IG shop is active in facebook commerce but failed verification. im going crazy

40yearsofhiphop
5 0 0

driving me nuts too, none of these 3 companies communicate between them.

40yearsofhiphop
5 0 0

hey everyone it worked, part of the solution came from 

Rachelalamb
Visitor
2 0 4

I’ve just tried this and it still won’t work! I’ve pasted the meta tag in and then previewed, but when I press the verify button it’s still saying unable to verify! I was so excited that it was going to finally work 😖

40yearsofhiphop
5 0 0

it worked for someone else too.. i just finalize ig made an appeal to retry and had to do same procedure but with another metatag from facebook that i had to copy in liquid theme in shopify. paste on top of the 2nd <head> and then go to your shopify website and right click view source code and then verify. im live on ig now , im so glad and releaved. fb said it was impossible to do with a shopify domain ???

Crookedchanter
Visitor
1 0 1

I'm having the same issue, and it's 3 months after you (and others) have had the SAME issue!!! Maybe if we start blowing them up on their own site we will get a response!! I was able to chat with someone in messenger but after an hour chatting with them they were useless!!! If I don't get anywhere in the next 72 hours I'm gonna get thrown off FB cause of the posts that are coming lol. 

xbankers
Visitor
1 0 0

At XBankers, our goal is to help you make one simple payment for your debts. Built on cutting-edge expertise,

debt consolidation toronto non profit,best credit counselling toronto,debt consolidation services toronto.feel free call us:1-888-442-0445

Silvermoonkids
Visitor
1 0 0

Did you ever find a solution?

tikvahmindorff
Visitor
2 1 15

Following. I am having the same issue. I keep getting told by Shopify to deal with Facebook and with Facebook to deal with Shopify.

tikvahmindorff
Visitor
2 1 15

This is an accepted solution.

I don't know if this helps you, but I went into Facebook business manager and added my "mysite.myshopify.com" to the list of domains along with my normal domain. 

I then verified that domain using the meta-tag option instead of the default DNS TXT value option. You have to go into your shopify online store setting, click on drop-down "Actions" to "Edit Code" and then find under layout "Theme.liquid". On the screen to the right, find the first <head> tag. Then scroll down til you see the second <head> tag and paste the meta tag from Facebook on a line just above it.

Then go back to Facebook business manager and hit "verify" under the meta-tag option. Voila! Mine worked right away.

p.s. I'm super excited to have figured this out because I have been trying to do this for three weeks!

40yearsofhiphop
5 0 0

thanks for helping, will try it but i think my problem is i dont have my own domain, only the shopify one. thats what facebook tells me, i need to have my own domain name. 

CarrieBell
Visitor
1 0 0

THANK YOU! This worked instantly for me!!

HerHippieHeart
Visitor
1 0 1

I'm so bummed that this didn't work for me!  I am having the same problem verifying my domain for Instagram.

LenaC
Visitor
1 0 0

This worked for me too. Thanks!

Gandish
Visitor
1 0 0

Thank you 

Janderson
Visitor
1 0 0

It has been an entire month or more thank you so much!!! It worked. I've tried everything. deactivating, reconnecting, sending unanswered requests to FB! Thank you it worked instantly!

LiliedLane
Visitor
1 0 0

Bless you!!! 

louisdebelle
Visitor
1 0 0

So in the end is it real that you need to use you own subdomain in order to have a store on IG or did it work with yourname.myshopify.com ?

h7hector
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello!

I do exactly the same in the business manager when i try to verify the domain.myshopify.com but even adding the dns verification in the header the verification is still failing.....do you know why is this happening?

And i already look the entire code and i cant find the second <head> just have the </head>  sos  please!!

meta tag.PNGmeta tag2.PNG

marecords
Visitor
1 0 0

Yep, same thing here, as h7hector! Anyone know why this is happening?

StefanoTartini
Visitor
1 0 0

Same problem as above.
Reading more carefully it is specified to go to second <head> tag, but i can't find it.
I only see </head>

Gabriel39
Visitor
3 0 0

I can´t find that option in my shopify Settings

AnnaSilaghi
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi i did all that and still getting this " domain verification failed " what else could i do ?

CynthiaL
Visitor
1 0 0

You're amazing! I had been looking everywhere for weeks and I just found your answer today, I was able to do it in 5 minutes!

Tamilwithlove
Visitor
1 0 0

Gosh it worked!! Bless u!!

mstav2u
Excursionist
21 0 1

Is this the same way you do the verification with pinterest also? Thanks.

vikramrokade
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi Everyone,

I had exact similar issue with my Instagram shop. I have managed to resolve it full proof. Kindly PMB for more details on how to solve this. Now i can tag all my products in Instagram and facebook shop having catalog connected via Shopify store.

Vikram R

Social Media Manager

Illusion Technologies