Very Little Sales

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
9 0 0

We are very new to ecommerce and it’s been a year building the site and getting it right. We have just finished with our third marketing expert, neither of them got us sales. We have done FB ads, instagram although not very well and email marketing. The experts did testing, SEO multiple email campaigns and FB campaigns. I would appreciate if you would take a look at the site and give honest feedback if something is good or not because right now we are thinking we need to change our niche. Keewees3.com

thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
259 3 61

Hi Allyson, 

Lisa here from the Shopify Social Care Team!

While there's nothing seemingly 'wrong' with the site, it would be nice to see more character and design throughout the site. Although your niche is plus size, the store still feels like a general store trying to sell many different plus size items, without specializing in a certain style. If you do want to be an 'everything' store for plus size women, this does need to be in the branding. However, if you'd like to pick a certain style define what that is, for example, sophisticated looks for plus-sized women. This would mean getting rid of some of the more casual items of clothing. Alternatively, you could offer just the lower priced items and stick to a 'bundle' model. 

Whatever style you decide to go with, these items need to be clearly separated into different collections based on their purpose, for example, a 'work', 'casual', 'resort'. Sorting by product as you have, is not enough these days as consumers need to see the whole story. With each collection, you have the opportunity to share outfit ideas based on what items you put together.  This article 3 Ecommerce Design Mistakes to Avoid, According to Science offers some great advice for how to showcase your products.

As far as store design goes, the home page menu is extremely cluttered. I suggest putting a 'shop' tab at the top of the page and sorting the products into a clean dropdown menu of the collections. Here's how to create a dropdown menu

Sizing is a challenge online for any store that sells apparel, especially in a market like plus size where customers need to know the item will fit without trying it on. While offering easy returns is a great start, each product should have its exact measurements, rather than just a guide. Here's how to add a size guide to product pages. 

Another important aspect to consider is using 'lifestyle' imagery, placing the products in real life situations, and taking beautiful photos. This is easier said then done, and if you do not feel confident getting your own imagery done, you can always send some items to an influencer who can help you get more 'candid' imagery. Here's a great article on Instagram Influencers: How Do I Find People Who Are a Good Fit For My Brand?. This leads into marketing and finding ways to build a community, outside of running adverts. Social credibility is essential for online sales and building trust with potential consumers. If your brand does not have a large or loyal social following yet, you can utilize influencers. The benefit of this is that you do not have to spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on ads which can be similar to sifting through a black hole. Sending some of your stock to some influencers who you admire, and have a following who could be potential customers, is less of a risk than spending money on adverts. The influencer's audience is likely to be very targeted. For example, if you choose a plus-size model or influencer, she will likely have a following who admire her style. If they see her wearing your items, they are likely to check out your page and keep your brand on their radar, or even better, purchase some items!

Your store has so much potential and is a tough yet rewarding niche to crack. The site seems to be 'playing it safe', however, I believe there's room for more personality on it! Here's a great article to check out for How to Add Brand Personality To Your Store (Without Changing Your Theme). A lot of this comes from unique photography and copywriting. Take a look at this article for 9 Simple Ways to Write Product Descriptions that Sell, it would be great to see more detail and personality on your product pages. With a more focused brand and style, it should be easier to refine your product offering in your current niche!  

I will leave you with this post on Ten Mistakes I Made Running Two Online Stores (And How You Can Avoid Them). This is intended to help save time, and offer some useful considerations, such as product market fit allowing you to tweak your store or business for more success. 

All the best to you & your sisters, 

- Lisa

Lisa | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
9 0 0

Thank u very much

allyson

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

I just want to let you know that I bookmarked your site...I love your products :)

0 Likes