Very low sales

2 0 0

Hi,

I opened my store few months back. Unfortunately there are no sales, I mean just few there and then.  My traffic is mostly from Facebook marketplace. I did speak to Facebook marketing expert. She gave me some tips how to change my adverts so I have better conversion rate. I did get 2 or 3 sales after using tips. At the moment waiting for google merchant centre to approve my ad (hopefully that will bring more sales). Bounce rate is high 58% (but lower compare to couple months back when was over 70% ). I'm adding new products to the store hoping that will bring more traffic and sales. Is anyone have any suggestions what else can be done please. 

https://makaorder.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
588 55 117

Hey there, @Mloughlin88 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Thank you for getting in touch and well done on launching your store. It is good to hear that you are getting good traffic to your store, however, is this traffic "good traffic"? Your store is very niche in the terms of the style of clothing you are going for and that it is exclusively men's clothing - are your ads targeted as such? I would recommend taking a look at our guide on targeted traffic here for some insights. 

While your products are brilliantly curated and your pictures look amazing you could definitely work on the descriptions. The first thing I always look at when giving feedback on stores is the product descriptions.  With online stores, there are no sales representatives and so the products literally need to speak for themselves. Instead of listing your products' specs in your current format you should try writing descriptions that persuade the customer to buy the item. Why do they need this tee? How will it make their life better? I recommend taking a look at Oberlo's guide on writing a product description that sells here. This will also help you improve your SEO which will bring more traffic to your store organically.

You could benefit from adding recommended products to your product pages. This is a great way to upsell other products on every product page, increasing your chances of converting some visits to sales. We have a guide on setting this up here. 

On your homepage, I noticed that your product image sizes vary. While this is not technically an issue, your store would look that bit more polished and professional if all the images were of a standard size, especially in collection pages etc. I would recommend using an app such as Photo Resize to get all of your images uniform. 

Taking a look at your footer I noticed that you are missing your social media links: 

Be sure to add these in as having the Follow Us title there without a link to your social media makes your site look somewhat unfinished. 

I noticed that you have an About Us page, it is, however, very short and does not really tell your customer anything about your business. The About Us is probably the most underutilized marketing tool on Online Stores. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers. It is the perfect place to highlight a number of objectives such as:

-  Communicate the story of your business and why you started it.
-  Describe the customers or the cause that your business serves.
-  Explain your business model or how your products are made.
-  Put a face to your business, featuring the founders, or, the people on your team.

In short, your online store displays your products brilliantly, your "About Us" page should be telling your customer why they should buy from you.

Browsing through your page I noticed that most of your products are currently on sale. When a company offers a discount to their customers, they’re taking a big risk of devaluing their services. Customers can get the impression that the services being offered aren’t worth paying full price for. It also sets a precedent in the customer’s mind that your pricing isn’t firm. When promoting sales it is important to use scarcity and urgency to your advantage. If your store is constantly offering discounted prices it is not going to create any urgency, your customer won't see the need in buying right away as there is no end to the sale in sight. It is great to see that you are offering free shipping, but offering the free shipping for a limited time, as well as offering the discounts for a limited time would be much more effective in getting those first few sales. Take a look at our post on using urgency and scarcity to your advantage for more information on this.

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes