Video game related products?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi. How are you everyone?

Is it okay to sell stuff that are related to video games? Not exactly from the manufacturer. Something like mario keychains, pacman pilllows, etc etc?

Am I be in trouble?

Thank u!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 0 78

Hey, there!

Savannah here from the Shopify Guru Team. :) 

It's definitely alright to sell video game related products on Shopify, but when it comes to trademarked items, you'll typically need to be an authorized reseller. Each brand has different rules and regulations when it comes to becoming an authorized reseller. For example, Nintendo requires resellers to fill out a dealer application in order to sell accessories. 

Let me know if there's anything I can clarify, or if you have any further questions!

Savannah | Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Is there any shopify partner app that sells already-licensed video game related products? If not, how would we import video game related products (once licensed) to shopify?

0 Likes
Highlighted
15 0 0

The idea is really nice because game-related products can be sold very well, many fans of different games would like to have something elated with their favorite game. For example, I play Overwatch and I have a small plastic Tracer on the computer table. And I would like to have a 3d picture of the diamond rank symbol because I am a diamond in overwatch. Of course, that is too hard to get it so I used expertboosting.com to be diamond. These boosters are real professionals!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

I think it's just business (like it was said before in movies, nothing personal). You know, I've been using some services for video games (my example is League of Legends) and I can say that it's great that there are services that can save your personal time. My example is lol elo boosting service that I've used when I wanted to save my personal time since these guys can boost profile lvl not expensive and pretty quick. This is my story Mark.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, Chris,

If you go to Comicon San Diego, you can see a lot of User-Generated-Products that are designed and made by gamers on sale, while they are not allowed to sell after the show. Only on the spot.

License fee is a necessity if you want to design and sell game-related products under the name of a business. And the license fee is super high for those well-known games.

You can also spend a lower license fee for those less famous games and make them into final products, while the sales will be limited as the gamer base is smaller.

Hope this answers your question:-)

0 Likes