View complete gift card code

Highlighted
3 0 1

Is there any way to view/export the entire number of a gift card? when I export or view one it just shows the last 4. I'd like to export the numbers of ones with balances , match them to my mail chimp customers and email them back out as reminders. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
457 93 75

Hi Matt!

You are unable to view the entire gift card code for security purposes. Only the gift card recipient is able to view the code. If you go to Products >> Gift Cards and click on the gift card code you will be brought to a menu that looks just like this: 

You will be able to send the gift card code and view the balance from this screen. 

Take care :)  

- Victoria D

Vix | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Is there anyway around this? I need to find the entire code so that my customers are able to use the codes in our brick and mortar stores (not on shopify POS) 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 1

This is still a problem - 4 years later. Clients with brick and mortars need the full code to enter it into their POS system. I had no idea Shopify prevented this as most other online platforms don't. Is there still no workaround available? Even just a way to cc the shop owner on the "gift card created" notification?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

We currently use Shopify (under the Shopify pricing plan) in our online store, but we use a custom POS for our physicall stores due to the nature of our business.

We would like to sync our Shopify Store and our custom POS so that our clients have a true omnichanel expierence with gift cards, is there any way we could do this without being able to see the full code of the gift card? I also saw that the gift card API is only available for Shopify Plus members...

I'm on the engineering team responsible for our custom POS, so any solution involving front and back-end code is possible.

Sincerely, Ivan

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Has a way around this been discovered yet?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey Everyone, 

I too had this problem. However I found if I use the app Rise.ai, I can create as many one time use codes as needed and export the entire code list to an excel sheet. Hope this helps. 

0 Likes