WARNING FOR SHOPIFY CAPITAL USERS

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

You must be in a state where it's a loan and you have milestones? I didn't have any indications that I wasn't "on schedule" except an email from a rep that said she just wanted to see how our business was doing. In Michigan, it's classified as a Merchant Credit Advance, so there aren't a set number of monthly payments. 

What's the most upsetting is how weirdly detached the support reps are. I have yet to receive an email that actually answers a question or provides a time to call. I feel as though the calling of the loan is a set in stone multi step process if your store doesn't pay it back in 2 months and it doesn't matter what I say, they just proceed with what they have to anyway. I reached out to one of the reps via LinkedIn after she stopped replying, to make sure my email went through, and the whole situation was weird. I had multiple emails in my inbox the next day from various Shopify departments scolding me for using social media. They have the time to write that, but can't help a customer that has been with the site for years and did $100,000 in sales this year so far. So bizarre.   

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi! This is happening to me right now and i was wondering what ended up happening with yours? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

This is happening to me right now! What ended up happening with yours? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

So far it has escalated into them locking the site, then refusing to call during my normal business hours, only wanted to call at night when I told her I wasn't in the office. She turned the admin back on as a goodwill gesture and then sent an email stating they'll settle for half, still sent a weird PayPal link to pay the remaining though. I don't understand that. I really don't get it because they would've gotten the full amount in less than 2 months with our Q4 sales. At this point, I can't even trust Shopify if we were to ever settle on something. The irrational behavior of these reps, along with locking me out of my admin is inexcusable.  

I did find, however, that they reported in their SEC filings that they have insurance on these capital loans. So, if someone were to commit a "bad act" they get an insurance payout. It seems they force slow moving accounts into committing "bad acts" and I'm guessing maybe insurance pays half and that's why they try to settle for the other half?  

1 Like
Highlighted
5 0 0

He told me he could debit the amount out of my account on file. So I’m terrified of that now that i will wake up and my bank account be empty. Can they do that?! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

What ended up happening with yours? This is happening to me now 

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

do you know if they can do that? 

0 Likes