WARNING SHOPIFY PAYOUT EMAIL PHISHING SCAM

Highlighted
1 0 5
I’m a Shopify merchant for the last 5+ years. I want to warn the community about an email I received this morning that looks to be legit Shopify branded. However it claims my last 3 payout attempts failed and I need to reconnect my bank account. I didn’t click the link cause I know my deposits were successful as I watch them every day. This kind of scam is SO dangerous cause
they are trying to collect your bank account info. Beware if you received a similar email “We have had 3 failed attempts to deposit your Shopify payouts.” It IS a SCAM!!! I’m on hold with Shopify support now and will forward the email to them.
5 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Thank you for posting this.

I also received at least 3 phishing scam emails in the past few days regarding the payout failed. The email has "[Urgent] Payouts have failed for your account" on the subject line.

I recognized it is a scam because the "From" email address is a Gmail account: clint9618@gmail.com. Also, the business address shows on the bottom of the email is not Shopify.

scam.jpg

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello, 

Hope all are well,

I just received the exact same e-mail this evening and similar ones in the last few weeks. 

Yesterday I have been able to call the person behind one of the physhed e-mail who is a shopify store owner. He claims that he has reached out to GSuite (google's company service) to investigate. I am concerned because I moved my company to GSuite about 2 months ago and shortly after these kind of e-mail surged. 

Could there be a correlation between GSuite e-mails and shopify behind this hack? 

Or you guys also using GSuite? 

Best, 

Sacha 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1
We have also received this email from various different email addresses several times over the past couple weeks. Today so far we have received three all from different originating emails.
1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

What really concerns me is that the information at the bottom and the senders e-mail are always relating to another existing shopify account. Moreover if they can send the e-mail out it means there is a breach on the e-mail side which really isn't pleasant. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Thank you for posting! I received this same email today.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

I received the same thing. So sad. That people are trying to prey on us.

test.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Thank you for posting this. I also just received one and came here to see if there was information about it yet. Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 4.30.19 PM.png

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 1

Hi,

I have received the same email today and at the same time I was not receiving sales and I was sleepy as well.

By mistake I have entered my billing information.

Now I am in contact with my bank account.

Nothing happened so far.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

yes...I just received the same email.

I was immediately suspicious because I know there is nothing wrong with my payment methods or payments.  Then I took a look at the email address which was noreply@shopif-smo-verifi-panel-cloud.blog and that is obviously not shopify!

My question here though is, how are they getting our emails?  Maybe they visit our stores and find our emails that way...but that would seem to be a very inconvenient method of getting contact info!

0 Likes