Want to edit my Newsletter

Highlighted
14 0 0

I was wondering if I could use this newletter option for somwhere else on my site? For example I also want it on my conceirge page so I can leads from there as well. I have 2 types of customers, consumers and consignees. Right now i am campaigning on consignment and I just want to collect their emails, instead of putting them through a subscription process. I tried using mailchimp but it seems too complicated for some, i just want something as simple as the newletter on the front of my website. And if possible, is there anyway to segment those email leads from consumers and consignees ?

my website: www.laboutiqadebodega.com

thank you very much for your time.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
34 0 3

Have you tried following the steps here to create two different forms and them just embedding them on your different pages? http://kb.mailchimp.com/lists/signup-forms/how-the-form-builder-works

Also, have you thought about using web push notifications for that? With something like Aimtell you could create two groups - ones that have viewed your concierage page and those who have not. And you'll be able to market to them without the need of capturing emails.

0 Likes
Tourist
24 0 1

Hi Ralph, Just checked that you are using shopify native newsletter feature for homepage. If you want to add same functioality in that page then you have to copy the code from file. Then you have create a alternte page template and paste the code bottom of the file. Then just change the page tempalte suffix by going page edit section. By this method you will get the same newsleetr funtion for conceirge page.

Copy bellow code and create new page template. 

<div class="newsletter text-center">
  <div class="wrapper">

<h2>Custom headline</h2>

{% form 'customer' %}
        {{ form.errors | default_errors }}
        {% if form.posted_successfully? %}
          <p class="form--success">{{ 'general.newsletter_form.confirmation' | t }}</p>
        {% else %}
          <div class="input-group">
            <input type="hidden" name="contact[tags]" value="newsletter">
            <label for="Email" class="newsletter__label label--hidden">{{ 'general.newsletter_form.email_placeholder' | t }}</label>
            <input type="email" value="{% if customer %}{{ customer.email }}{% endif %}" placeholder="{{ 'general.newsletter_form.email_placeholder' | t }}" name="contact[email]" id="Email" class="input-group__field newsletter__input" autocorrect="off" autocapitalize="off">
            <span class="input-group__btn">
              <button type="submit" class="btn newsletter__submit" name="commit" id="Subscribe">
                <span class="newsletter__submit-text--large">{{ 'general.newsletter_form.submit' | t }}</span>
              </button>
            </span>
          </div>
        {% endif %}
      {% endform %}

</div>
</div>

Feel free to ask me if you need any further help.

Thanks

Mas

Feel free to contact with us if you need help related to shopify. https://shopipoint.com - Shopify expert
0 Likes
14 0 0

DJ - thank you i tried using mailchimp, but the process for the customer is still so tedious. They put in their email but then they have to confirm it again by openning up their inbox and clicking yes, that they want to subscribe. It's basically a 2 step process, which is what im trying to avoid. The consignment service is also more detailed then just me selling their product for them. There are other terms that i need to send to them, which is why I really need their email.

Shopi Point - I tried pasting that code on my page as an HTML, but it's corrupted the image that coding that comes out is all jumbled. 

0 Likes
Tourist
41 0 1
Hey Ralph,

Were you able to find a solution for this? The ability to segment your marketing towards customers and consigners seems like a thing most consignment stores would need to do to successfully campaign. 

I run www.frontflip.co a platform that allows consignment stores manage and grow there business easier. I would love to chat to learn more about what you want from such a feature so we can build something that's perfect for what you are looking for.

You can reach me here: hello@frontflip.co 

Looking forward to chatting with you 
Menan
0 Likes