Want to increase your sales? If you're not already selling on Amazon then you should be.....

6 0 0

If you already have an online business selling physical products and you're not using Amazon as a channel you're missing out on a huge number of potential sales.

Amazon.com has 1 billion visitors a month, that's a crazy amount of traffic!

We're setting up a small consultancy to help businesses increase their sales and profits by listing and managing their products on Amazon. Anyone can throw up a listing on Amazon but understanding how the algorithm works, Amazon SEO and the PPC platform is critical to whether you succeed or not.

We can provide as little or as much assistance as required and offer you the choice of cost effective one off setup fees or an ongoing commission of sales. We have a solution for everyone no matter what your product or how much help you need.

If you're interested in hearing more about how we can help grow your business quickly and cost effectively then reply here and we'll get in touch!

0 Likes
Tourist
12 0 1

I tried to sell on Amazon before and maybe it was their system then 2-3 years ago but I make handmade custom items which I found their site to not be user friendly trying to list items. It seems most people who sell on their sell new items.... Is that still the case ?

0 Likes
6 0 0

Hi Sharon,

The site certainly takes a bit of getting used to, if you're listing a product with a single variation it's quite straight forward but if there are multiple variations available it can start to get a bit complicated. They use inventory file template Excel spreadsheets which are a bit daunting if you've never used them before.

What sort of customisation do you offer on your products? Do you require each buyer to provide certain information specific to them or could you put the custom options for the product in a drop down list for example? If it's the former then their system might be a bit too restrictive for you.....

Regards

Phil

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
11 0 0

Hi Phil, 

I have a physical product ecommerce site and haven't experimented with Amazon yet. I'm interested in learning more about your Amazon services. Shoot me an email at buyingestablishedsites@gmail.com

0 Likes
Tourist
12 0 1

I sell customized birthday outfits or t-shirts so we need sizing, birthday number and birthday name for the shirt. When I tried to get started on Amazon it seem to keep asking for sku numbers like the items had to be brand new.

My other website outfit shopify is www.girlygirltutus.com  ; That is my main sit. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
34 0 6

If there was a program that could sync all of my products I would give amazon another chance. But I think their fees are ridiculous 15% off each sale (we sell footwear) on top of $40 a month subsription plan? Its a miracle anyone can make money with amazon. After trying with no luck to promote my products through their "buy box" I scrapped the idea all together.

0 Likes
6 0 0

Hi Sharon,

It can be done. You'd simply add the sizing options to the listing for the customer to select when they purchase but they would need to contact you directly to provide the other information.

There are customized t-shirts available on Amazon now and this is how it works for them.

You do need a SKU and a UPC code to setup a product on Amazon's system - you make up the SKU yourself and you can buy UPC codes very cheaply so neither of these are issues, it's simply information needed to get the product listed on Amazon's catalogue

Let me know if you want to look into things further?

Phil

0 Likes
6 0 0

Hi Artur,

It sounds to me like you have tried Amazon in the past with no luck. Just like with running your own webstore it's not a simple case of get your products on there and they'll sell. There is a lot of work needed to setup your listings in the correct manner and 'launch' them, if you do not understand how the Amazon algorithm works then you'll fail. There also needs to be demand for your product on the platform, not everything that sells well in your store will sell well on Amazon and vice versa. Similarly, you can spend a fortune on their PPC platform if you do not know what you're doing.

I'm not here to sell Amazon as a platform - I believe that a platform getting 1 billion hits a month which does nearly 100 billion in sales every year (half of which are from selers like us) sells itself. The potential is huge is cannot be ignored if you run a physical products business in my opinion.

As for the fees, I think 15% is perfectly reasonable - they provide the platform on which to showcase your products AND a huge amount of traffic. 

Obviously it has to make sense, if your margins are incredibly low then it might not be for you. I just did a quick search for 'stilettos' and 'high heels' on Amazon and can see that demand is very low for those keywords so it looks like your productd don't lend themselves that well to the platform

Phil

0 Likes
Tourist
12 0 1

Thanks for all the information Phil. .  So I went onto Amazon and actually opened a store got approved for a handmade account. After all the work I did I found there is no category for homemade in what I do. I went to add items to my store and there is no such categor for baby/toddler clothing like custom birthday clothing. I did come across a website issing sku numbers. So are my items just elegible for regular amazon shopping? Only issue is handling times in the regular platform. Handmade items seem to allow longer handling times before shipping.  I am all for tyring things but I seem to have put a lot of effor into Amazon yesterday and they really don't have any help area other than sending you to forums on amazon to get any help

0 Likes
6 0 0

Hi Sharon,

You need to pick the closest category to your products. There won't be categories for everything otherwise the directory would be collosal. 

You can adjust the handling times to suit, you have control over that also. 

As you can probably now see, there is a lot of work to do! Which is why I am starting my consultancy, I know my way around the platform like the back of my hand and I know how to setup products correctly to give them the best chance of success.

If you want to know how I can help just shoot me a mail, pwoakdon@hotmail.com :)

Phil

0 Likes