Website Loading speed

Highlighted
19 0 0

I have created a website on Shopify using a paid theme but now the website is coming with speed issue.

my website product listing page loads very slow so you please help me to increase the page loading speed.

link: https://xyxxcrew.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
420 55 77

Hi @devAp,

Hank here from Shopify.

I took a look at your website there and I can see what you mean regarding the website loading speed. There can be a number of factors here, but I will list some resources to look into this further.

The first I will share is this guide here about site optimization. In that guide, it has some great recommendations about how to really get the most out of your website, and ensure you are not falling into some avoidable pitfalls. But it has some excellent solutions for common issues.

Another thing I would recommend is ensuring your image sizes are within the recommendation.

The best resource if the suggestions above do not resolve the issue, is to get further assistance from your theme developer. As this is a third party theme, you will need to reach out to your theme developer to get them to look into the issue further for you as this would not be supported by Shopify. As you have not mentioned the theme, I will share this guide with you that will show you how you can locate your theme support information.

I hope this helps.

All the best, Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
19 0 0

Hello Hank,

Thank you for the reply I checked in Gtmatrix and google insight speed both show many server-side issue and cache issue and even the script issue, there was no image issue which affects the website loading speed. 
Can you please check and let me what will be the exact reason for slow loading speed.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
420 55 77

Thank you for confirming all of that.

I took a look at these and can only think that perhaps the third party theme may not be optimized as well as it could be. As you mentioned you noticed this when you changed to the new theme, my recommendation is to reach out to your theme developer.

I noticed that the biggest offending script on mobile is not a Shopify script, so perhaps the theme is not set up by default to work with this on mobile, and your developer can confirm that as it works fine on desktop.

I was getting a score of 91/100 on desktop but only 41/100 on mobile, so there is certainly a factor on your website in the theme coding that is slowing the website down.

Your developer will be able to resolve this, however, and this should not be an issue going forward.

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
19 0 0

Hello Hank,

Thank you for the help,  can you please just find the main source of the reason for slowing in mobile than with being more helpful so I can directly check those factor.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1465 88 192

Dear devAp,

Please work on following :

• Reduce the impact of third-party code
  • Ensure text remains visible during webfont load
  • Minimize main-thread work
  • Reduce JavaScript execution time
  • Serve static assets with an efficient cache policy
  • Avoid an excessive DOM size

If you still need help please contact here: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us

Best Regards
MS Web Designer
Contact: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us or task4store@mswebdesigner.com
20000+ Task Completed
1000+ Satisfied Client
9.9*/10 Customer Rating
0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
109 3 7

Hi devAP,

This is Song Fei from Giraffly company which develops apps for Shopify. We developed an app called  Page Speed Boost which can help you on page loading speed.

It uses the cheating latency which helps you preloading a page right before a user clicks on it. There is a time between a user hover the mouse over a link and actually click on it. That time is so quick and people won't even notice while our App detects and takes good advantage of that time and do a just-in-time preloading for that page. So when you click on that link, that pre-loaded page opens instantly. This principle works on mobile as well, as when a user touching a link and before releasing it leaves PageSpeed Boost a good time to preload that page.

And you can see more instruction here: Page Speed Boost. It's an amazing app!

0 Likes