Website Search

New2U
Excursionist
26 1 2

So I have pages like "shirts" "shoes" , etc , but if i type "shirts" or "shirt" anything related to a page name in the search bar on my website, then push enter, itll show the page in the search bar, then u click it like a link, and it takes it to an empty page that just says "shirts" , is there any ways to get rid of that? I don't want the page names to pop up in the search bar, just the items 

0 Likes
Quyen_Beo
Explorer
58 7 12

You can read this document to make the search only show results for product instead of pages & article

https://shopify.dev/tutorials/customize-theme-edit-storefront-search-results

Was my reply helpful? Please Like and ✔️ Accept Solution. This mean alot to me
0 Likes
New2U
Excursionist
26 1 2

Thank you! So i fixed it, now it's gone from the search , which is what I want, but now it shows "1 search result for privacy policy" , but the search is empty , I have footer links like to my privacy policy, contact us, etc at the bottom of the page. Its like its counting something thats invisible?

0 Likes
Quyen_Beo
Explorer
58 7 12

It will not count the footer link into the search result.

Maybe you're missing some steps from the guide.

You can share your store URL and access so I can check more what you did.

0 Likes
New2U
Excursionist
26 1 2

Okay ty, and I have a question , is there an app or any way I can add a "review" page to the homepage of my website , that isnt strictly for products, and instead the customers just reviewing the whole process ? Because I flip items, so i dont keep a product on a page for long , they always get deleted and new ones come in, i only see apps that add the reviews on product pages, not just an overall review homepage

0 Likes
Quyen_Beo
Explorer
58 7 12

There are many 3rd party reviews service that can do it. eg: Trustpilot, Google review, Yotpo... They have both review for website or single product.
You can check those and find the app you like.

0 Likes