Website with Stores & Customers

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey everyone,

I have a question about setting up and the plans. So I have a business involving:

- Different 3rd party stores selling

- Customers buying

and my website would be the basic platform between both handling communication & payments.

The normal plan would involve me posting the items but I want each store to post their items and I review them before posting.

Can this be done on Shopify? If so, which plan or setup would I need?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
80 3 27

Hey, @AIsmail!

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I'm part of the Shopify team.

Thanks for sharing this question, this sounds like a pretty cool idea! I was happy to look into it further for you, and I found some options that you might like. Just to make sure we are on the same page, it sounds like you want to convert you store into a marketplace of sorts? Technically, there will be third-party sellers, but they will have to go through you for verification and approvals, and their customers will be visiting your main website. Let me know if I have misunderstood this, but if not let's go on with how you can make this happen.

For starters, you will need to make sure you are at least on the Basic Plan or higher. I encourage you to browse through the different plan options too, but having the online store feature is the only requirement per se. From there, you can choose an app add-on from our App Store. To make things easier for you, I shortlisted some options you can browse through below:

I hope that's what you are looking for! When you choose to use a third-party app, it's good to be familiar with the process of how to get in touch with the App devs. They can help questions about app functionality, assist with set-up, and much more. Check out this sweet guide on getting help with third-party apps.

Alternatively if you need something beyond what the apps can offer, you can work with a Shopify Expert to add functionality to your shop. The nice thing about working with an Expert is that you can customize your store and functions down to the T. 

I sincerely hope this helps,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
22 0 2

Hi @AIsmail 

You can also consider https://apps.shopify.com/SHIPTURTLE as a possible multi vendor marketplace solution.

Im the owner, Sharad and will be glad to take any queries you might have.

Regards.

sharad

0 Likes