Website won’t load and browser says “do you want to download mydomain.com?”

Thisappsucks
Excursionist
15 0 4
Can’t get to my website it just says “Do you want to download mydomain.com?” But even when I click download nothing happens?

Had the site months never had this issue.
Replies 10 (10)

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi @Thisappsucks,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us!

This is strange, we haven't received any other reports like this today. Just to help me gather some more context, could you tell me where you are located? What is the URL for your store? As well, what device and browser are you using to access the store? Finally, could you share a screenshot of the error you are seeing? 

Happy to help!

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Thisappsucks
Excursionist
15 0 4
Can I upload a screenshot? I’m not seeing anywhere to upload? It just says as I stated before “would you like to download www.mydomain.com?” And even when I download nothing happens. I’m in the United States. On an iphone 7, 13.1.3. I’d like a refund for this month as clearly my website is not working and if customers can’t get there they can’t order and shopify is not providing me with what I paid for. I’ve had numerous people test this and they all get the same error. Should I have them screenshot and write statements if I need to seek small claims court for my paid dues?
Thisappsucks
Excursionist
15 0 4
Again in case you didn’t read or understand is there a way on this thread to upload a screenshot? You asked for one but I cannot see a way to do it.
Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi @Thisappsucks,

Thanks for letting me know. The team and I are not seeing an error when we select the .myshopify.com URL and the 2 custom domains that you've listed on your Handmade Palmetto Roses store. Here is an example of what we can see. Could you let me know which URL is being entered into the browser to view the store? The reason I'm asking is that mydomain.com is a third party domain registrar site which normally indicates that there's an error with the domain. When I searched www.rosemanj.com's information I am seeing an error indicating that the CNAME is not pointing to Shopify's servers, which could be the issue. Who is your Domain provider? As well, you can insert a photo to your reply as shown in this example.

I understand that this is frustrating, but we're not able to replicate the error which is why I'll need more context to help resolve this as soon as possible with you. Our responses here in the Forums section is not an instant chat service, so there might be a delay in our replies. If you would prefer to chat with us via instant chat, our Live Chat Support is available here http://bit.ly/2IRhvRU 24/7. 

Thanks a mill, 

Thisappsucks
Excursionist
15 0 4
For the 3rd time Ted, you asked for a screen shot but how do I upload one on here? Is there any reason you dodged that simple question two times? I’d like to upload the screenshot please explain how.
Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi @Thisappsucks,

I did mention it already in my last reply; you should be able to upload a photo or screenshot as shown in the image below.

When you click it, you'll have the option to add either a photo from your devices library or you can link it with a URL. 

28-13-pn36k-qg3ki

If you can't add the screenshot then that's OK, we can skip that part. If you could get back to me in regards to the domain information I've asked above instead it will help us try to troubleshoot the error. 

Thanks a mill, 

Thisappsucks
Excursionist
15 0 4
I can see your screenshot but I not seeing any of that. I’m using safari, on an iphone 7. Yet there is not one option that you’re showing.
Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi @Thisappsucks,

Thanks for letting me know. I'm not sure why it's not appearing in Safari. I'd recommend trying a different browser as the Safari you are using doesn't seem to be loading the page correctly. Using a different browser instead such as Chrome or Firefox should work but maybe clearing the cache on Safari as shown in this guide will help. Below is a screenshot of how it should appear for an iPhone 6/7/8 using Safari:

21-17-nxcvr-53nfq

I'm going to email you directly in regards to the main issue you are having, which is that you can not access your account and you are seeing an error appear. As far as we can see your store is active and we can not replicate the error. I'll need to gather more context as mentioned above, to try and determine the issue. 

Please take a look a look at your emails when you get a chance. 

Thanks a mill, 

Aleah20
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm having that problem rn with my website!

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1669 109 218

@Aleah20 wrote:

I'm having that problem rn with my website!

Hi, @Aleah20!

Can you share your store URL here along with a screenshot of the error message?

Alternatively, you can contact us via the Shopify Help Center so we can securely review the account details and ask our Technical Support team to investigate further if necessary. Thank you.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify