What are some issues that you have experienced with your Third Party Logistics provider?

3PLzen
7 0 0

I recently launched a Third Party Logistics company called 3PLzen and I am looking to make sure that my customer service is on point. I am trying to gauge some common issues that an e-commerce store may experience in order to create protocol solutions before they arise. 

So far, I have put great efforts into making sure that my clients will always speak to a person when they call my company. I absolutely loathe dealing with robotic customer service, and I am working to become a part of the solution in this regard. 
I also have experienced lots of nickel and dime fees with my own Shopify stores in the past, so I made sure that my new customers not only receive a month of free storage for a month, but also 20% off of all shipping fees for a month. Would this be appealing to you as a new customer? What other services could I offer to make sure that I am fully appealing to an e-commerce seller?

0 Likes
georgiepeters24
7 0 0

This seems almost suspect? Not sure if that's the right word.

For reference, we use a company called atomix logistics and they've been pretty incredible so far in the process. Ton of 3pls out there.

0 Likes
3PLzen
7 0 0

Hi Georgie,

I am sorry that my post seems suspect. I am, as genuinely as possible, asking people on the Shopify forums what experiences they have had with their 3PL providers in order to anticipate and plan for any issues that my customers may have.

I really do strive to provide the best customer service and make sure my customers have a good experience with my 3PL business. To clarify, I run a 3PL. I was not asking for a recommendation for a 3PL, but I am sure they are great. I'll check out their website! 

Most of my customers run Shopify stores, so I thought this would be a great place to ask. Feel free to reach out with any questions. 

0 Likes
nmalinow
Excursionist
51 1 1

Hey there! I run a growing 3PL as well, OTW Shipping, that emphasizes customer service and great rates. Our customers main issues come from the initial integration process and understanding the variety of shipping methods and options available to them. Our customer service uses a Slack-like channel for direct communication with our team to make sure they get help through this process. We also have ship methods that choose the best rate for you based on your ship speed desired and the weight/dims of your package. We agree that nickel and diming is a common 3PL practice, so we try to keep all of our fees completely transparent.

0 Likes
3PLzen
7 0 0

Thanks. I see that you have commented this message on all of my posts. I appreciate your enthusiasm but please refrain from spamming the forum. 

0 Likes