What are the benefits of customer accounts?

Solved
Highlighted
Explorer
57 0 11

Could someone please outline all the benefits of using the customer accounts functionality within my store.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 42 111

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @jayboogie!

Julie here from Shopify Support. This is a great question.

There are quite a few benefits to enabling customer accounts for your Shopify store. First off, customers will be able to choose their own password and login to their account directly through their website, where they'll be able to view their order history and see the current order statuses for any purchases they've made. With customer accounts, customers will also see their address autofill during the checkout, making the order process quick and easy. 

From a customer service perspective, customer accounts can really help make your customers' shopping experiences a positive one. You can also use customer accounts to segment the different types of customers. For example, if you want to send discounts or emails to a specific set of customers, then you can create a customer group to do so.

Are you already communicating with your customers through email? If you aren't already doing so, I highly recommend taking advantage of Shopify's new email marketing feature, Shopify Email. With Shopify Email, you can create, schedule, and send your customers various types of email campaigns. It's also a great way to promote new products and sales.

If you're looking for more ways to build up your customer service, I highly recommend checking out our blog post, "Creative Ways to Improve Ecommerce Customer Experience (That Also Boost Loyalty And Sales)". Here, you'll learn how to utilize a positive customer service tone, send your customers effective emails, and how to provide your customers with excellent support. I think you'll find it pretty useful!

Are you already using customer accounts in your online store? How are you currently communicating with your customers? Do you send them email marketing newsletters? I'd love to learn more about your business and how you approach customer service. 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like