What are the new successful ways of Increasing traffic on my ECommerce store

Highlighted
4 0 0

SEO and Social Media Marketing are the keys to generating traffic on any website, but in this competitive market, you need to implement some new strategies to market your product.

We have recently launched an ecommerce store "Beyoung" dealing in t-shirts and mobile covers. As this is a very competitive segment we need to do something unique for increasing the online visibility of our brand and generating traffic.

Please suggest me some new ideas to increase traffic on our website.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
280 11 37

Hello, Naman! 

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! You definitely have the right idea here. Ecommerce and technology are growing more and more each day, so it's important to look for ways to keep up with current trends so that you can ensure that you're approaching your business with the as much knowledge as possible. 

For 2018, we're seeing a few trends that I would recommend looking into if you're looking for relevant traffic that will hopefully lead to conversion. To begin, you would want to make sure that you have your SEO set up properly so that your SEO can start pulling traffic. I've gone ahead and grabbed some of our recent blog articles to help you keep up to date with SEO. Be sure to take a read through; The Beginner's Guide to Ecommerce SEO and The Intermediate Guide to Ecommerce SEO. I would also recommend going through our helpful SEO doc here as well!

As for the most recent trends to help you build traffic, you would want to look into blog content, podcasts, video content and of course, social media.

When it comes to building traffic through your blog posts, you're going to want to look into creating content that is findable on differnet search engines and that is also relatable and important to your customer base. Looking into content marketing may help you decide on blog content! You can check out some of our amazing resources to help you with your blog by checking out; our guide on how to create a successful business blog and our help doc here to assist you with creating your blog from the Shopify Admin.

I'm sure you're wondering about podcast and video content! Right now, Youtube and the podcast world is incredibly popular and it always seems to be growing. Podcasts are just one of the many ways to get your voice out there. By creating valuable podcast content, you can drive traffic to your store. Be sure to take a look at our helpful blog post on How to Start a Successful Podcast for more information! With video content, you're going to want to look into creating video content that will bring attention to your video channel and then to your storefront. If you check out our blog post here on 5 Reasons Ecommerce Product Videos Will Increase Sales you can see how video content can produce traffic! 

As for social media, there's no surprise that there are plenty of different social platforms that you could use to your advantage to gain traffic. By finding and focusing on the user-type and demographic of each platform, you can pinpoint what type of content is going to drive attention to your social media account and then you can begin to insert yourself into popular conversations on that platform to eventually draw attention to your storefront, think influencers, hashtags, gifs and memes. For more information on how to gain traffic with social media, be sure to take a read through How to Create a Social Media Marketing Strategy: A Beginner's Guide.

Last but not least, I've gone ahead and grabbed some resources that I think could be really beneficial to your store. Be sure to check out: 

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions - be sure to ask and we would be happy to help!

Karlie
Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
5 0 2

While Karlie give a great answer, I believe the question it self is some what flawed. There is no best traffic source. You need to find out what traffic source will convert best for your products. This could be Facebook, SEO, Adwords, Youtube, Podcast, etc...

[Free Guide]How to Scale your eCommerce Store to 7 Figure and Beyond
1 Like
Excursionist
44 1 5

Hello Naman,

Increasing traffic is one of the challenges of most business owners; especially the new ones. I think Karlie and Steve gave pretty smart answers.

In relation to the Social Media Marketing, how were you going about it? This is a free and relatively simple strategy to marketing, but needs smart ways to go about it to get results. Depending on your type of business, you should know which Social Media platforms work best for you; and that in itself, is an initial approach to every succesful Social Media Marketing. 

Know where your audience is, analyse if you need to hire or outsource this role, and have a plan to guide your marketing strategy.

Once these measures are put in place, you're sure to increase your brand awareness, extend your market reach and drive traffic.

Hope this helps!

Naana.

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 1

Hey Naman!

As stated before there is no best way to increase traffic. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a great way to get free traffic, but it takes a while to finally get the traffic from SEO. 

My favorite way to get more traffic is through Instagram. I was able to get almost 200K followers for my first dropshipping website. 

Also, make sure that you collect emails so that you can retarget these people and get more sales. I hope all goes well!

0 Likes

Hi Naman, 

There are several ways to get relevant traffic on your store, it depends on the resources you have to implement those. 

-SEO is one of the most important aspect of marketing these days. But SEO needs a lot of time and resources to show the results. I would suggest that do your SEO properly and keep getting the great links from relevant website. It will help you in the long run. 

- Paid advertising is one of the easiest and quickest  way to get relevant traffic on the website. But it will need a proper budget. I suggest you to go for Google Adwords search and display advertising and if budget allows then do some FB advertising as well. 

- I have seen an internal blog on your store, but it seems broken and showing 404 error. Blog is a great way to attact relevant traffic on your store. You should fix your blog immediately and start writing great content. Then leverage social media to promote your articles and you can expect great exposure for your store. 

- Invest in a great analytics solution to keep track the user behaviour on your store. Knowing your user journey on your store will be great for you to decide on the future stretegy. 

Free trial of enterprise-grade real-time e-commerce analytics apps at IQLECT. Visit website to know more: https://www.iqlect.com
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
153 3 22

Hi Naman,

First of all, I must say I really liked your website design. It looks very professional.

You received some very good answers in here.

The fastest way to start getting traffic to your store & products would be via paid advertising using Google & Facebook Ads. 

However, advertising on Google & Facebook ads can be a very complex task. You might want to try a Shopify app to help you, like AdScale.

AdScale is a 100% automated advertising solution for marketing your store across Google & Facebook Ads.

It uses AI Technology in order to generate for your store smart advertising campaigns that are targeting the right people, with the right ads, at the right time.

You can learn more in this link: https://bit.ly/2RMnSqn

Hope it helps

Amit

Smart advertising campaigns across Google and Facebook, using advanced AI technology. https://ecom.adscale.com/shopify
0 Likes