What do I do with inventory that I'm sending to a consignment store?

Highlighted
9 0 0

Hey there! We selling clothing from our online store and our retail store (with Shopify POS). We use Inventory-Planner.com to create purchase orders and help us track our inventory and forecasting. Recently we had the opportunity to have a prime spot in a local consignment shop for some of our products that we sell. The problem is, what is the best practice when it comes to managing inventory? If we order 1000 shirts for instance, and send 200 shirts to the consignment store...how should we go about that on the inventory side of things in our software? I thought I about creating a 2nd location in Shopify for the consignment store, but there doesn't seem to be a way to create like a sales order from that 2nd location at the end of the month when we get our sales report... Any ideas?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
44 0 3
Hey Andrew,

If I’m understand correctly you are looking to manage the inventory that you are selling on consignment (as a consignee), if so I’d like to learn more about your struggles doing this.

I run Frontflip.co we help consignment stores manage inventory and orders. I have seen a few sellers struggling to manage there inventory at multiple shops and wanted to reach out to you to invite you to our test group for a product were working on.

My goal is to learn about your problems and maybe even come together with a solution?

Feel free to email me at hello@frontflip.co

Menan
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hey Andrew -  in the same boat as you - did you manage to find a solution for this? Thanks !

0 Likes