What happened to finance reports?

Cameron6
Tourist
10 0 6

It looks like Shopify changed how they show reports and it no longer gives me a monthly finance overview under settings > billing that included credit card fees. How can I find how much my credit card fees were for a month?

Replies 10 (10)

CloudlabSam
Shopify Partner
538 43 87

What payment provider(s) are you using? That's normally something available only through the provider.

stlouisdancewea
Tourist
4 0 1

Yes, I have spent over an hour to find and pull the Finance Overview Report. It doesn't exist anymore. The report only shows Shopify Apps and Shipping. At the bottom of that page, it says "payments" have moved. When you click on "payments" you are redirected to https://st-louis-dancewear.myshopify.com/admin/payments/payouts .

If you click on Previous Payouts, there is a total for the fees, but I don't see a way to change the date to see last month's total so I put in a filter for "before May 31" and "after May 1" dates (Because the "last month" option pulls up exactly a month - meaning it pulls up May 2nd - June 2nd instead of just May 1-31st). I downloaded the report and then added a "=sum" formula at the top where it is labeled "Fees".

Yes, extremely labor-intensive but at least I now have a total of the Shopify Fees for May. This is very frustrating that all of the other reports show: refund, discounts, etc but do not show the Shopify Fees any more. If there is a report I am missing, please let me know! Hopefully Shopify will add the Finance Overview Report again for June.

CloudlabSam
Shopify Partner
538 43 87

Yes it does appear to have been removed.

If you're using Shopify Payments and/or Paypal, you can use our free app Report Toaster to report on the fees - https://apps.shopify.com/report-toaster.

You can include Transaction Fees when reporting on orders or transactions. You could also create a custom report to show just Shopify payment fees if that's what you need. Feel free to take a look and just shoot me a note here or in the live chat if you have questions. Thanks!

stlouisdancewea
Tourist
4 0 1

Great! Thanks - I'll try it out.

kwypych
Tourist
7 0 0

Shopify reports have changed, so that the systems you've used in past months to manage and plan are all gone.  It's frustrating to have things change under your feet while you're trying to run a shop!

BetterReportsT
Tourist
18 0 1

Hi @Cameron6,

Tiia here from the Better Reports support team.

Our app can help with monthly reporting on fees! We can build a custom monthly report for you that lists by the payout date the total payout fees and the net amount. 

In addition to building custom reports to meet your specific needs, you'll have access to 60+ built-in reports that cover many common use cases for merchants and our reports can be scheduled to send directly to your email or Google Drive at set frequencies (daily/weekly/monthly).

I encourage you to install Better Reports and start your free 14-day trial and I'll be happy to set this up for you. 

Let me know how you go and feel free to reach out if you have any further questions. 

Report-Pundit
Trailblazer
305 11 20

Hi @Cameron6

If you are still looking for a solution then, Report Pundit has an option to fetch the transaction fee for each payment gateway with the transaction amount, available balance, net amount of the order, etc

preview-full-image (1).png

Additionally, Report Pundit provides pre-created reports like Payment gateway reports, Failed transaction reports, Succeeded transaction reports, pending transactions, and other transaction & billing reports.

We have a 14-day free trial to test the reports. Our support team can set up any type of custom report unique to your store. Report setup is always free. You can reach us at support@reportpundit.com or contact our live chat support team.

Thanks,
John

Report Pundit - Instant reports and custom dashboards

sushipanda
Tourist
5 0 3

You can not see payouts for a specific date anymore. However, you can exports payouts (with fees) for specific dates.

Go to admin/settings/payments 

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 00.33.10.png

Click on "view payouts" button

After that clink on export and then select Payouts by date

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 00.35.25.png

 I hope this helps

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1669 109 218

@Cameron6 wrote:

It looks like Shopify changed how they show reports and it no longer gives me a monthly finance overview under settings > billing that included credit card fees. How can I find how much my credit card fees were for a month?

Hi, @Cameron6!

Sophia here from Shopify. The Finance Overview section that was previously found under Settings > Billing has been replaced with a direct link to the Statement of Charges, which includes your Shopify subscription, app charges, shipping labels, and transaction fees.

The total charges, refunds, adjustments, and fees for Shopify Payments payouts can still be found under Settings > Payments > View payouts, and @sushipanda is correct in advising that you can download a CSV file to view these details for whatever date range you specify. To do this, select "Export" near the top right of the Payouts page, and then select the date range you want to view.

I appreciate that this may take a few extra steps than you were used to, so I hope that one of the apps here provides a helpful alternative for you. Please let me know if there is any feedback you would like to share with our developers regarding this change, and I will make sure that is recorded. Thank you!

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

jennyjennabrown
Visitor
1 0 0

You need to follow these Steps:

1. From your Shopify admin, click Settings > Billing.

2. Click View Shopify account summary.

3. On the Account summary page, click View full statement.

4. Select a time frame using the date picker to view all charges within that time frame.

Cheers