What happens if i can't afford to pay shopify monthly fee ?

Highlighted
2 0 0

Ofc . When i try closing store it wont let me do so without paying the bill i got for few hours thing . Seems kinda unfair but im letting store just on its own hopefully it wont affect my card 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, 

My yearly subscription is on an expired credit card, so the payment bounced back twice. Moreover my domain is expired and I didn't renew so my website is down anyway. 

The Shopify team told me to pay, and I'll get a refund.

If I pay within 30 days, I'll be able to claim and get my yearly subscription amount back. My credit cards are maxed out. I don't like that, but I'm in a hard financial situation. What would happen if I never pay? 

Thank you. 

Best, 

J. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, I am currently creating my Shopify account during my free-trial, and I’m wondering what will happen if I haven’t chosen a plan yet at the end of my free trial. Will it freeze for 30 days as if I had chosen a plan and couldn’t pay it or be deleted instantly?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1051 61 124

Hi there @brandon48!

Don here from Shopify.

If your store closes at the end of your trial period without your having added a payment method and selected a paid plan, or if your store is closed at any other time; your store data would be saved on our servers for 90 days from that point.

You can return and reactivate your store at any point before then by logging in, adding a payment method, and selecting a paid plan to continue.

There's some info in your store you would be able to backup and duplicate if you don't know for sure that you will be returning within that timeframe or you just want to keep it for future use.

Are you looking to return to your store at some point in the future, if you don't continue on now after your trial?

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes