What in the actual hell!! does this mean that I am a terrorist huh?

Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 1
Hello,

Shopify is required to screen our merchants and partners against certain lists of persons and entities with whom it is illegal to do business.

Ahmed Shah, a user on your account, ******* , was identified as having the same name as an individual listed on the sanctions list maintained by the Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC). As part of our standard process, we are requesting a copy of Ahmed Shah’s ID to confirm that they are not the individual on the list.  Please note that this request is part of our standard process and does not mean that this individual is subject to any sanctions.

• Government-issued photo ID (e.g. passport or driver's license) for Ahmed Shah - Front
  • Government-issued photo ID (e.g. passport or driver's license) for Ahmed Shah - Back 

All of your documents will be handled securely, according to our Privacy Policy: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy

We appreciate your prompt response. Please note that your account may be disabled if we do not receive a copy of the requested ID in two days.

If you have any questions about this request please reply to this email directly. 
1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

I’m having the same problem and I’ve been locked out of my account now for three days resulting in the loss of thousands of dollars worth of revenue with a team of 12 people that cannot do anything we can’t return items we can’t ship items we can’t sell anything we can’t update inventory can you please give me some advice on how to resolve this quickly Shopify has been totally unresponsive, thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I HAVE BEEN THROUGH THE SAME THING.  I HIRED A CODER OFF OF FIVERR AND MISSPELLED HIS NAME WHEN I TYPED IT IN SO WHEN HE DID PROVIDE THE REQUESTED ID IT WAS SPELLED SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT I GUESS AND THEY LOCKED MY ACCOUNT FOR ALMOST THREE WEEKS NOW AND SEND ONE LINE ANSWERS WHEN THEY DO RESPOND.  I SENT THEM A COPY OF MY CORPORATE PAPERS SHOWING I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY FOREIGN COUNTRY.  THIS IS CRAZY!!

0 Likes