What is Collection.list? and How to use it?

Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 1

Dear Guru,

I want to make some collections grouped into one big collection. Can we do in this way on Shopify website.  My website use supply template.

What is Collection.list? and How to use it?

Steven

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
364 6 64

Hey Steven,

The collection.list is for the /collections/ page. This is the page that lists all of your collections. You will want to see here for more details on this.

If you're looking to create more than one of these pages, the easiest way to do it is to make a Content Page and then use the Rich Text Editor to hyperlink images to their respective collections. 

Hope this helps,

★ Did my post help? If yes, then please like and accept solution. ★

→ Have me build your Shopify store @ stephens.world
→ Get your FREE 30-Step Setup Guide @ stephens.world/guide
→ View My Official Expert Profile @ stephens.world/expert
→ Want to buy me lunch? stephens.world/lunch

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 2

The other answer is wrong.  The /collections/ does not take you to the collections.list.liquid.  It actually takes you to the list-collections.liquid.  I still haven't figured out how to get to collection.list.  Maybe it is inaccessible?

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 2

Ah ha. I see now. the "Collection.list.liquid" is a theme file. When you create a new collection, you are prompted to set the theme. By default the theme of a new collection is "collection.liquid". However you can change it to use collection.list.liquid.  I don't think there is anything special about the word "list".  You can probably put any word there, such as "collection.my_fancy_theme.liquid" or "collection.foobar.liquid", etc.

1 Like
1 0 0

how i call all collections in category page?

what code i will write for collection list?

0 Likes