What is: Error processing _RD16999.jpg

16 0 0

Hi

I want to replace a pic

and keep on getting these errors

Error processing _RD16999.jpg: The image you have uploaded has exceeded the 20 megapixel limit.

How do I splve it? I think i have a lot of copies of the same pic and if i will find the place to delete it from- i will have more space...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
290 0 161

Hey Maya,

When you get that error, it's generally because the file is either over our 20 MB upload limit or is too large in width and height to be displayed properly.

I'd try using a URL to a smaller version of the image and see if the upload is successful. If it is, then you know you might need to shrink the file size down some in order to import everything.

Hope that helps!

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hey Alex,

I am having the same issue as Maya, but my file sizes are way under the 20mb limit.  I'm saving the file as a 5.7mb jpg and I'm continually getting this upload issue.  

Is it 20mb total for all the images on the slideshow?  Or 20mb per image?  If it's 20mb per image, then there is an issue here with my account.  Brilliant-Elixirs.shopify.com

Thank you,

Brandon

0 Likes
2 0 0

Yes, we are also having the same issue.  Our files are not even close to the 20mb limit, but certain random photos won't upload and get that same message like this: Error processing _RD16999.jpg: The image you have uploaded has exceeded the 20 megapixel limit.

It seems to happen often on really detailed items, and heather grey tshirts. Any solutions yet? 

Would it help if we stood back a little further when taking photos? 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
242 1 20

Hi folks.

Alex mistyped. It's 20 Megapixel image size, not 20 MB.

Which means the file has to be no bigger than 2048 pixels, by 2048 pixels for height and width. If you resize the image to be that size, you'll be ok.

-Shawn R.
Shopify Guru

0 Likes
1 0 0

Sorry I know this was a topic 6 months ago but I was wondering if there is a way to bypass the megapixel limit?

0 Likes