What is I need to cancel an order due to issues with uploads

jeffgrace
3 0 0

Lets say I create a store that sells customized objects, and I have a place for the customer to upload an image.   If the image that is uploaded does not have the resolution necessary, or it is a copyrighted image that I cannot reproduce, which I wouldn't know until they have already ordered....would I still be on the hook for the fees when refunding them/cancelling the sale?  

I get that they don't give back the fees for refunds...but this is almost like not accepting the order at all.

In a similar question, what if the order was for say $5000....I'd be out almost $150...

Is this right?  I can't go live with this site if that is the case.....which sucks because I paid for a year with this website....

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
730 73 131

Hi @jeffgrace,

Hyde here from Shopify. Interesting question!

Store owners usually provide product customization by way of an app from our app store that allows customers to upload their images. Many of them offer preview options for customers and some, like Customify for example, will provide free installation assistance and will help you along every step of the way. If you are using a third-party app, you might want to consult with the developers about whether or not their app will indicate to the customer that image resolution is insufficient.

If you fulfill your orders manually you can then decide whether or not you want to process images that are copywritten or data protected. Once you accept an order you are liable for any fees that occurred during the transaction.

I hope that helps!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
jeffgrace
3 0 0

Thanks....I let it go out to the world...we'll see how it works out!

0 Likes