What is the best way to AB test homepage? Especially the main image

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi all, 

I'd like to AB test our site's main image on the homepage. I'm attempting to use Google Optimize, but the image doesn't seem to be properly adapting to mobile. Post here

Any recommendations? All Shopify AB testing apps are extremely expensive. 

Best,

Mona

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hello, 

So, even though the Desktop was rendering okay, the mobile wasn't. I've noticed that I get the error message, "This content was modified after the experiment changes were applied." See below. After some research online, it appears that "This warning occurs when the content for the elements modified by the text change or content change is different from the content when the page loads. The change is most likely going to be overwritten by JavaScript that runs in the page after the page loads." I found a Squarespace thread here on this issue, with no solution :-( Some more information here.

So, I guess this is complicated with Shopify since it's most likely that this is the case --> "Websites with a dynamic page structure (e.g. AJAX manipulating the DOM) can prevent changes made in Optimize's visual editor from firing. This can happen when, for example, JavaScript modifies the page after the Optimize snippet loads, or when the page is modified during progressive rendering and CSS selectors no longer match the same elements (creating a potential race condition). Optimize's visual editor includes built-in diagnostics that alert you when problems are detected with dynamic pages."

Any insights on good ways to AB test the hero image on the homepage (without spending $100s per month) are appreciated!

Best,

Mona

image.png

0 Likes