Solved

What is the best way to start selling in South Korea?

cosmark314
Visitor
1 0 0

I hear Korea is one of the biggest online shopping markets in the world. I am looking to to enter the Korean market to start selling my products there. Does anyone have recommendations on how to do this? Thanks

Accepted Solution (1)

Coupangman
Tourist
3 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

I would recommend Coupang: Sign-up link

Coupang is the number 1 mobile shopping app in South Korea. Sellers can list their products on Coupang’s app/website as third-party marketplace sellers. Coupang’s large customer base and user friendly app allows businesses to expand their global reach easily and bring their great products to Korean customers. If you have any questions, please let me know. All the best!

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

Coupangman
Tourist
3 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

I would recommend Coupang: Sign-up link

Coupang is the number 1 mobile shopping app in South Korea. Sellers can list their products on Coupang’s app/website as third-party marketplace sellers. Coupang’s large customer base and user friendly app allows businesses to expand their global reach easily and bring their great products to Korean customers. If you have any questions, please let me know. All the best!

Coupangman
Tourist
3 1 0

All the best and let me know it goes!

Jake_Lee
Shopify Expert
6 0 1

That's right. Korea has the 4th largest e-commerce market in the world. There are not many Korean target stores with Shopify, but I think there will be a lot more in the future. The most important thing when targeting the Korean market is the payment method.

Naver Pay and Kakao Pay are the most common simple gel methods. If you don't have a Korean company, you can't set it up, but you can also use Shopify Payment or PayPal.

We have been creating shopping malls for Korean brands to enter overseas markets since 2017, and we are well aware of models sold overseas to Korea. Let me know if you have any other questions.

ps. Koreans are very accustomed to buying directly from overseas stores.

Shopify Partner from 2017
robinhoode
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Jake,

Good to read your note, I can see that you're a Shopify Expert.

I'm a beginner Shopify user and wanting to learn more about the Korean market as well as the global market. What's the best way to message you direct to ask few more questions. I would really appreciate for your help.

Kind regards,

Robin Lee

Jake_Lee
Shopify Expert
6 0 1

Hi you vab send mail to jake@300cbt.com

Shopify Partner from 2017

Coupangman
Tourist
3 1 0

deleted

TurtleshipUS
7 0 0

Hi @cosmark314 

I know this question has been solved already.

But I would like to just share some information!

As you might be well aware, there are alot of products that are made from China and have very bad quality. That being said, the quality of the products are very important. And we can help you find certified Korean suppliers!

We are Turtleship company based in Seoul. Our office has worked with more than 6,000+ suppliers and 400+ sellers in Korea. We also have experts of this industry and technicians to help with.

We connect Shopify sellers with trusted suppliers offering a diverse range of pet snacks, healthy snacks, apparels, art crafts, and nails.
You can browse through our curated selection and find the perfect supplier for your store. Improve your business with our seamless cross-border transactions and take advantage of our competitive transaction fees. 
So let me know if this would still be a good option for you to think about.
You can visit us at https://en.turtlechain.io. Or you could email us at usa@turtleship.io if you have any there questions.

Thanks!
Crystal