What is the reasoning behind not sharing a link to your store?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, long-time lurker here. I’m developing a store myself and would love to eventually share the link to get feedback on what I could improve. That said, I’ve read some posts from folks who don’t want to share their URL for fears of either:

A) having their niche being usurped by someone with more resources, or

B) Having their SEO be maliciously de-optimized by savvy competitors.

How likely are these scenarios? Especially B? That sounds bizarre and excessively cutthroat to me, but I honestly have no idea exactly how brutal this space is so maybe it’s true.

I’d appreciate any honesty so I can avoid any trolls out there - and also, what might be a safe way to solicit for critiques if URL-sharing is not the way to go.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi

People used to hesitate their development store to other.
Because during the development phase they want to hide their idea to be copied by other.
And the other reason may be they did not want to show case their in complete site to other. It can make a negative effect.
And besides that there is no such threat to hide you live store.
No one can damage your SEO just by knowing your store url. It is safe to share on public platform. It will bring more traffic on your site.
And will help to have better SEO.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
uccessful stores are usually powered by one winning product. With some savvy it's pretty easy to find the product, also with more savvy you can find the ad itself. It may not affect the stores performance, but two years ago I had my first winning product that was bringing in the bulk of my profits. I was new and excited in the Shopify dropshipping scene so I shared it to this small group of people I masterminded with, sharing product and targeting as well figuring why not we all get paid. Turns out even two other people advertising the same product can really tank the profitability and cost of ads, produt was going well until I insisited other people run it so there's that.
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I was new and excited in the Shopify dropshipping scene so I shared it to this small group of people I masterminded with, sharing product and targeting as well figuring why not we all get paid. Turns out even two other people advertising the same product can really tank the profitability and cost of ads, produt was going well until I insisited other people run it so there's that. get-mxplayer.in

0 Likes