What on earth do i do now?

Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi,

Your site is so beautiful. Keep it up. FB may not have your audience. Try Instagram. Also, its too early to pay for adds. Save that money for another project. Try to get on the local news station, radio, podcast, etc. Exhaust all your free marketing sources for as long as you can. Use your unique angle to entice the media. Are you a vet, LBGT, College football fan. Everyone has something unique about them they can leverage. 

Who is the 1 person you are talking too. Stalk that person and people like them. Go to where they are. Becuase your site is gorgeous and your products are stylist, Instagram maybe that place. Go to groups where you target customer hangout and interact with them. Create your own group and ask them what they like and want. 

Read The 22 Immutable Laws of Branding. Its short sweet and too the point. When you start it's hard, but keep plugging away. Be choosy about where your dollars go. Cash flow is so important.

Good luck. I'm sure I'll be listenig to you on the shopify podast with Felix soon. 

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hey, I am by no means a Shopify expert, however, this article has helped me to write decent product descriptions https://www.shopify.co.uk/blog/8211159-9-simple-ways-to-write-product-descriptions-that-sell. I say that, but I've not launched my store yet so my descriptions could be rubbish. It looks like you have left the default ones imported from Oberlo?

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi there!

great looking site but I do notice some minor issues. One of the big problems to me is that you're flaunting the brands, making them easy to find elsewhere,  yet selling at high markups. When I search bobo bird on google I find the same watches you're selling for only $25-$35, whereas you're charging $75+. You have to assume any savvy shopper will do some research before dropping $80 on a watch from a site they've never used before.

Additionally your website looks great, but has some minor credibility issues. As someone else mentioned there is the paypal logo with no option to checkout with PayPal. Secondly, one of the first things I do is read about the brand or company before purchasing from a new site. On your home page you have some copy and it ends with a pretty obvious typo, which can take away from your credibility. "a piece a nature" should be "a piece of nature" in the last sentence. 

These are just examples from a quick look-through. Scour your website with fresh eyes or get some friends to do it for you. Look for anything that is even slightly off. Click all links, check all spelling, and make sure everything is looking and working the way that it should. That will help a lot with nailing your first sale. 

All in all, I think you're really close. Just give it some more time! It took me 3 months to get my first sale. Just hang in there and keep learning. Best of luck to you!

1 Like
1 0 0

Come visit my srore LOL...tangledteez.com...Only 3 sales in 4 months ugh..

0 Likes
Tourist
17 0 2

Hello, I think one of the biggest issues you need to address is the fact that you have no content on this site. You are not even showing up in search engines.  Without content there is no way to differentiate your products from the hundreds of other people selling the same thing.  I also think Facebook ads are a complete waste of money.  I realize that FB have become the solution to all advertising and selling online, but I would really reconsider this strategy. You should consider expanding your sales channels if you have not already- eBay, Amazon, etc. I don’t know that these will be highly effective because these markets already have the same items but it is at least more coverage.  I think you need to look at more traditional marketing approaches such as craft shows.  If you are only interested in selling on your site, then this is going to require a great deal of effort using content and creative advertising.  I deal with drop ship businesses so contact me if you want some advice.     Thanks

Vincent Triola
0 Likes
1 0 0

I am no expert with FB ads but I've found from my own experience that posting a product on Facebook and then boosting that product seems to get more response and return.

spiritwild.com
0 Likes
6 0 0

Just guessing, but $5/day seems pretty light, especially for somone first starting out trying to drum up traffic. Consider really emping up your spend, but like some others have said, learn from the first couple of weeks to see what works and doesn't work so you can target both your dollars and your audience.

Best of luck (and change those stock photos if possible).

0 Likes
14 0 0

I'm basically not using paying stuff any more apart from this.

https://orangetwig.com/invitedby/loveand < Orange Twig

It's completely amazing and runs regular posts, sales, everything.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

You need to target your advertisement and try to focus on organic instead of paid growth.  Paid growth sometimes presents your products to those who may not be interested in them.  I would recommend that you create posts on your facebook page with nice photos that others can share, for example if you can create one with the deer and another with the elk watch images I could share in bowhunting and elk hunting groups.  This way you'll find people who want to share your stuff.  I tried sharing your products but it's not easy so just create posts that I could share for you.  By the way I love your products ;)

-Sam

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Your site design is nice and the products are interesting - I may buy one for myself.

The question is why would anyone purchase BoboBird products from you when your price is so much higher than the prices at http://www.bobobird.com?

0 Likes