What percentage does Shopify take from payments?

Highlighted
Tourist
21 0 2

I use Shopify Payments (Stripe) to process my credit cards. I can't find anywhere in my admin to show what the percentage they take from each payment is?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
298 39 51

Hey there, @Danielnz!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I'd be happy to shed some light on the fees are for any transactions completed through the Shopify Payments payment gateway.

Our Plan Pricing chart will have a breakdown of all the features and fees that come along with each plan. We have a section for Shopify Payments in particular:

29-01-33p79-sqvvd

For example, if you're using the Shopify Payments gateway on the Basic plan for online orders, you'll have 3.5% + 30¢ in credit card rates for any International/Amex credit cards and 2.9% + 30¢ and 2.9% + 30¢ for Canadian credit cards. If you're selling in person, credit card rates are 2.7% + 0¢. No transaction fees are applied for any orders through Shopify Payments, or PayPal if Shopify Payments is active. If you use PayPal (without Shopify Payments enables) or any other third-party payment provider, you'll be charged 2.0% in transaction fees (if on the Basic plan) in addition to applicable credit card rates.

I hope this helps answer your question! Please let me know if there's anything I can clarify.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

HELLO, can someone please help me set up my shopify payments.... its not even listed.. the only thing I see is Paypal... I do know what to do if its only giving me one option to accept payments???

0 Likes