What's the best way to capture customer reviews?

Tourist
11 0 1

I launched a Kickstarter that funded, and have since transitioned it into an ecommerce store. Now that the first large batch has shipped, I'd like to ask my backers to review the product so I can use them in the store. Since I'm still modifying the store frequently, I'm not sure if I want to use a dedicated review platform yet. I was also considering just using typeform initially and exporting them after (not sure if this is viable however).

If I collect the reviews using one system, is it fairly easy to transfer them to another if it changes in the future? Thanks for the help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
47 0 9

Hey! 

Alex here, from the Shopify Support team. 

These are great questions, and congratulations on getting funded! 

Shopify has its own free product reviews app, which I'd definitely recommend. You can add it to your store here.

It allows you to export your reviews in a CSV file to move them over, if you were to switch to a new system in the future. (More on that here). The great thing about using a Shopify-developed app to start out is that it keeps your support in one place - if you run into issues with your product reviews, you can reach out directly to our support team about it!

The Product Reviews Add-on app can also be used alongside it, to create a customized landing page for your customers to review your product, send out emails to people after purchase and more. 

I hope this helps! I'll keep an eye on this thread, so please feel free to follow up here if you have any other questions at all! 

Alex | Shopify Support

0 Likes