What's the recommended way of blocking bot spam (from a single source)?

Highlighted
1 0 5

Well it looks like loads of Shopify clients have been trying to get an answer to the problem of stopping spam bots from subscribing to their website with no response from Shopify.  I too have this irritation.  Shopify when are we going to get an answer from you that works.  Dont see why we should have to pay other organisations for an App that you can produce!  Angry here in Australia!

5 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

Same issues here. 3/4 of my traffic is now some Amazon bot, and apparently there is no way to stop it. Thanks Shopify.

2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

I have been having the same issue as well from about the middle of June.  Somebody needs to find an inexpensive, and preferably free, fix to this problem. Shopify help us out please!!

1 Like
Tourist
6 0 1

That is awesome. My traffic over time was replaced by 98% bots.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Same problem here from Boardman Oregon and Kansas. This should be an easy fix on server side but so far seems like Shopify is unwilling to do anything.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

I lost two online stores on Dec 26, 2019 due to BOT attacks and DDoS attacks. Since then, I have tried to make the shopify experts see the harm these things are doing to all of us. The replies I have been getting from the technical department staff are stupid ones like, it is your third party app's, these are Google bots (when in fact they are FAKE GOOGLE BOTS on the entirely wrong Ip address) or my favorite in the case of Oberlo imports that do not bring all the information of the product in the import or need 5 refreshes to get the pics in, apparently we are making mistakes when selecting data ..... and blah blah blah!

Today I received another answer that nothing is dangerous for my business, yet Cloudflare (yes we moved our stores out of Shopify's reach to cloudflare) tells me a very different story. WHAT THEB F... K, Like i'm supposed to believe in their "infaillble protection) ! NO WAY!!!!

So we opened another shop, kept it under wraps, did EVERYTHING to hide it from the bots and as soon as it was online the bots started up and then kept on coming.

So now i have 3 online stores

When nobody knows you are opening a  online Store, that you put your password protect every page, and supposedly not one human can enter your store,  Now please explain to me how you wind up with 500 visits to your site and your password gets changed for Botwaw on the page that protects your store that bots aren't harmful.

You should be able to ask questions to the "Experts" and get an intelligent answer.

I know I'm not the only one who has "bot" problems and I have proof and data that the server where is my store is located receives  AUTOMATIC bot attacks and that these attacks are called on by the Shopify server, I'm talking about the server that houses ALL of our collective stores under ONE SINGLE IP ADDRESS. Did. you know that this server is actually red flagged in IPWatson.com as containing at least 2 major malwares AND IS FLAGGED AS A VERY HIGH RISK OF HACKING OR BEING HACKED?

I ask all those who have the same problems and who are tired of trying to make Shopify understand the situation and who make are thought of themselves as being crazy. That's what happens to me and the answers I get imply that I don't know anything.

Can you also tell me how these bot attack the stores of Shopify using RUBY, LIQUID PYTHON NUMPY, PYTHON BOOLEEN.

When I ask, I get this answer "It is impossible our protection is impenetrable".

WTF !!!!!!! We have proven it isn't and nobody is listening.

Those who are really tired of this fight with SHOPIFY, email me at spiritwanderer2018@gmail.com or fashionlimonde@gmail.com

Because the police have my files and I work with them to supply them all the evidence I have.

Because according to the law I HAVE THE RIGHT TO SUE SHOPIFY BECAUSE THEY AREN'T  DOING ANYTHING AND AS FAR AS WE ARE CONCERNED THEY ARE IN BREACH OF CONTRACT. WE CAN ALSO ACCUSE THEM OF BEING RESPONSIBLE FOR THESE ATTACKS.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

We've been on Shopify Advanced for almost 5 years now and never noticed any bot issues but since Feb 9, 2020, we've had hundreds of daily spy bot visits! I thought this would be an easy/quick fix and I'm shocked to see that Shopify has no way to combat/block malicious spam bots. Definitely following this thread.

1 Like