What's the recommended way of blocking bot spam (from a single source)?

Highlighted
3 0 0

Is an anybody familiar with this referral traffic source websitebottraffic.pw ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2
No sorry! But check for clouflare!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 0 0

We run into the same issues with Shopify. I actually had to send them a with out prejudice letter this morning. They appear to have a system Bias when it comes to working on there own issues. They also do not appear to understand that they have a feedback loop happening in their service work. Its their dime.

Here is a link that was forwarded to me by one of my great customers. https://developer.amazon.com/support/amazonbot

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey SHOPIFY,

You gonna **bleep** say something or what? Some of us have serious business we'd like to conduct.

As a developer, I'm happy to just take the money you would otherwise get and build a solution that actually **bleep** does something about this, even if I have to build it from scratch. This is trash, and you're supposed to be better than this. If you can't be? Well hey, kiss tens of thousands in revenue goodbye for all I care.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Shopify - this has become completely out of control. This is super simple for you to fix on your end and you're just turning the other way and avoiding it. DO SOMETHING IMMEDIATELY or you're going to lose all of us to another platform that actually cares.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

@ArtinCoins So you spoke to them 2 years ago and they've still done nothing?

GUYS - we need to be LOUDER on this issue. make your voices heard. This is unacceptable and we need to make sure they know. SPEAK UP!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

The "boardman bot" has hit me almost 100 sessions in the last 2.5 hrs. I turned on my password protect which flushed it for now at least. Here is my GA screengrab.

boardman.PNGboardman2.PNG

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Replying because I am too facing this issue and have thought about using some of the competing platforms as one has this exact issue fixed in their pitch, because it still has real developers behind it. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I tried to do research on Shopify and found nothing. I also tried to find addresses in the Audience/Technology/Network field and all data was not set.  did find two poorly rated ip addresses from Amazon in Boardman, Oregon so I filtered them out in Google analytics. I'll let you know if it works. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 1 5

I've registered my site url with Cloudflare.com today and within the first 6 hours it has blocked all the bots - we had issues with john smith and the like abandoning the cart causing our stats to badly skew...it was easy enough to do, although Cloudflare are meant to have a partner deal with Shopify so we shouldn't need to do this (apparently late 2019 the set this up) and there may be some issues in using Cloudflare with a Shopify url, but I have not experienced any yet - added bonus, the site is loading 10 times faster!

When you register the url, only use the basic free service, nothing more needed - you will then need to go to your url provider (123-reg for me) and change the DNS setting to the Cloudflare settings ( they tell you what to use) - seemed simple enough

Russ

0 Likes