Whatsapp and gifts offers

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi Everyone,

I have 2 questions. First, which app is the best to communicate with suscribers via whatsapp? To send them the new offers, promo codes etc?

Second, how to add gifts at the checkout? For example, buy 2 products and you will get a bag, sample,etc? It wont be any of the products,which are available for sale in the shop.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
597 33 72

Hi, Nat!

Katy here from Shopify- I hope that you are well.

It's great that you would like to give your customers options in how they can stay in touch with you. Whats App is an increasingly popular messenger app, and a handy one to have. 

While we do have a couple of apps supporting this integration, it's a good idea to try each out to see which works best for you. Each listed below have great reviews and comes with a free trial/ or free option- allowing you to test them out, free of charge. 

For your offers- adding a free gift is a great way to reward your customers, as well as building trust and enticing repeat custom. Often times too, customers will increase the amount that they spend while shopping on your store due to what is known as the "reciprocity principle". This finds that when consumers receive a free gift, they feel as if they have been done a favor, and that they should then reciprocate it regardless of if they had expected or asked for the favor. There is some more cool info on this here, which you may find interesting!

While it is not possible to offer this as an add-on on the checkout page outside of our Plus plans, you can however offer this at the Cart stage. Would this work for you instead?

There are a couple of apps that can help here:

Alternatively, you could use a banner, similar to you shipping offer, to inform your customers that a free gift would be added for order over X amount / during the holiday season. 

Do let me know what you think! 

I love your store by the way- and it's so great to see that you are engaging so much with your customers, both online and in person too. Great job! 

All the best,

Koreen

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes