When shop is unavailable, unable to log in to contact support

3 0 0

In the pinned post it is mentioned that the email address for support is no longer valid and that if you have issues to log in to contact support, however when your shop is shut down without notice you can't log into anything at all. No back end, no support, nothing. So I would like Shopify to know that if people's sites are locked and made unavailable, this is a terrible thing for them because they have no way of contacting support unless they call. We all don't have time to make calls. Please pass this along and I would like to make a suggestion that when sites are made unavailable for the review process, that we are still able to log into our accounts and the back end so if necessary we can adjust payment options, update account settings and access our information.

0 Likes
3 0 0

I am very disappointed with what's going on with my new shopify site. I just upgraded to the $29 plan. I spoke to someone yesterday regarding my site being unavailable. She informed me that all new accounts go through a review process and that new shopify sites are shut down for 24 to 48 hours near the beginning of when you sign up for the account. It is important that my site be reopened ASAP. I just finished loading all of my inventory and was getting ready to launch my site. My request is that if every new account goes through this review process and our sites get shut down for up to 48 hours that this is published somewhere, especially in the communication when a new site is purchased. 

In case this is not what is actually happening with my shop, can someone look into my account please? My site is X.myshopify.com and my email address is X@gmail.com - also can you please confirm how long my site will be down? I sent an email to support@shopify.com and was told that that's not how support tickets are opened and I can't log in to do a live support chat or get the right email address to contact for support. I can't even log in to verify that my settings are correct or even update payment options or cancel my account if I choose. This is ridiculous. 
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
501 26 40

Hi @keri2000,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out.

I'm just after taking a look at the account and it seems that the store was under review. This would have been a standard review for all new stores just so we can verify the account complies with our Terms of ServiceOur reviews can take between 1-5 days to complete. Our Support wouldn't be able to speed up this process as there are quite a lot of new store's being opened every day on Shopify that would need to be reviewed. Sorry for any frustration caused. 

I'm sorry to hear you were experiencing issues with our Support. Our Support is available 24/7 via email, phone, live chat or through our social media here. When a merchant contacts any customer service through any of the support lines mentioned above, a support ticket is automatically created. I'm not sure why you were advised otherwise but you were correct to email support@shopify.com.

It seems that our Risk team have contacted you in regards to the store. I wouldn't be able to discuss the store in more detail publicly, but if you've any queries I'd recommend emailing back Dylan from the Risk team. 

All the best, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes